• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 20-21 Four Corners Weather, Conditions, Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Good picks. She picks them with her Her heart and from fond memories.
She taught at Taos for many years before leaving for Steamboat. She is starting to do more programs at Taos in the last few seasons.

Haven't put up a 20/21 Taos thread yet. Taos is on hold right now. No pass sales. No operations guide lines. I'll get one up once they figure what they are going to do for the winter.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
I had my check-up last week with my ACL surgeon (who does ski). His advice was "Don't buy a pass", but you can expect to ski in the Feb-March timeframe. What concerns me, is the news of resorts plans to halting or heavily restricting ticket sales might impact my ability to even get out on a weekend.

I'm still pass-less at this point. AZSB's shortage of confirmed "partner" reciprical days has kept me from going in and ignoring the surgeons advice. I've gotten significant value from those days from my Taos pass last year, and AZSB in years past.

Wonder if we'll see the $29 spring break specials this year.

Last edited:
TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I had my check-up last week with my ACL surgeon (who does ski). His advice was "Don't buy a pass", but you expect to in the Feb-March timeframe. What concerns me, is the news of resorts plans to halting or heavily restricting ticket sales might impact my ability to even get out on a weekend.

I'm still pass-less at this point. AZSB's shortage of confirmed "partner" reciprical days has kept me from going in and ignoring the surgeons advice. I've gotten significant value from those days from my Taos pass last year, and AZSB in years past.

Wonder if we'll see the $29 spring break specials this year.

I'll get my money for my pass one way or another but going into this season with low expectations. Kind of what you have to do for everything now. If I get a few good days I'll be happy. Good luck with your ACL, maybe do some hiking rehab down here? Desert hiking season is upon us.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
Snowbowl just emailed their winter operating plan:

An Update on Winter 2020/2021

Dear Snowbowl Family,
The unique challenges over the last five months (from the lift malfunction on the old Agassiz lift to a global pandemic and everything in between) have tested our resiliency, but they haven’t dampened our spirits. Never has our mission to give people the freedom to ski felt more important – more poignant – than right now.
Many have asked and I’m here to tell you: Snowbowl will be open this winter (our scheduled opening day is November 20, 2020) and your safety will remain our number one priority.

Will operations be different? Yes. We’ve implemented a number of procedures this summer that have been adopted as best practices within our collective of Power Pass resorts, and we’re eager to put them to work during the ski season. While we know things can and may change at any time, here is what we’re currently anticipating for this winter:
  • We will continue to comply with all local, state and federal guidelines in operating our business.
  • We will ask you to stay home if you are sick or feel symptomatic.
  • We will require masks and face coverings.
  • We will ask you to keep at least 6 feet of distance between you and others.
  • Access to indoor spaces – such as restaurants, restrooms, etc. – will be limited. On busy days, we expect to limit indoor space and ask you to plan to be outside or consider going to your vehicle to warm up or eat.
  • Lifts (including our new gondola) and lift lines will support physical distancing. Guests may ride lifts with family or traveling companions.
  • We expect all purchases (including lift tickets, rentals, ski school and most food and beverage options) to be available online. Products will be available for purchase at snowbowl.ski later this fall – we encourage everyone to buy well in advance to secure your preferred date.
  • We will monitor busy times closely and may limit access to Snowbowl during peak weekends and holidays. If this occurs, we will open our mountain on a first-come, first-serve basis and will communicate this on our website and social media.
  • We understand you’re looking for safer ways to recreate and we will support that with discounted rates during weekdays and off-peak times. Our new My Weekday season pass starts at just $199 through October 9 and is perfect for those working or learning from home. Be on the lookout for discounted weekday lift tickets, too.
In the many ups and downs of this unique time, one thing has remained constant: your support. It has been and will continue to be critical to our shared success as we open this mountain for skiing and snowboarding and do our part to keep everyone healthy and safe.
With temperatures falling, the gondola construction forging ahead and the many improvements being made for an improved guest experience, all of us at Snowbowl – and me especially – cannot wait to welcome you back this winter. We will share more information with you in the coming weeks.

Sincerely,
Rob Linde
General Manager

The bit I found a fraction surprising was that the intention on busy days is just going to be first come, first served. No passholder priority. As my usual ski buddy, Kim, & I aim to get there for no later than 8:30 am usually, I'm hoping we won't have to leave too much earlier generally, but who knows? No mention of what I figured in normal times was badly needed improvement to the restroom ventilation at the main lodge!!!

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
To our loyal Pass Holders and valued guests,

After a lot of hard work and unique the challenges we are excited to introduce Ski Santa Fe’s answer to “We Want to Ride”, the OnePass! One unique season, one unique pass.
The OnePass will give you, our locals, the best opportunity to ski and ride during the 2020-2021 ski season and the unknown challenges that come with it. Our goal is to provide a pass that has a low up front cost, direct to lift access, and an inexpensive “pay as you go” daily activation fee that reserves your spot on the mountain. The online activation will allow us to manage the daily capacity in order to adhere to the anticipated COVID Safe Practices. The OnePass will provide you assurance in the event of a government shut-down you will receive proportional credit towards for the following 2021-2022 season. Please click here to see how the OnePass will get you back on the slopes for a perfect ski day. Check out the OnePass Max, no blackouts for more days on the mountain.
We have limited the number of OnePass and OnePass Max to further help with the capacity limitations that may be required to cope with COVID 19 this winter season. Our hope is that everyone who wants a OnePass will be able to purchase one. We know this is a big change from our normal pass program but we truly believe this is the only way to provide great skiing and riding on the mountain this winter.
The OnePass and OnePass Max and the Peak Plus Card will be the only pass products available this season. We anticipate the return to our normal season pass program for the 2021-2022 ski season.
Day tickets and ski school packages will be sold only online and will have a daily limit. This season we will offer 1, 2 and 3-day tickets which can be purchased in advance subject to a 48-hour non-refundable cancelation policy.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
@RobSN - Do you primarily take I-17 or do you head up 89A from Prescott Valley?

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
@RobSN - Do you primarily take I-17 or do you head up 89A from Prescott Valley?
We never take 89A, it's too slow going over Mingus Mountain and down to Cottonwood with its single lane winding mountain road. So our usual is PV - Fain Rd/69 to 169 to I-17 and then up ... and back. But, if @kimberlin is going on her own, or we're taking my car (unusual), we'll go up 89 through Chino and Paulden to I-40 and then over to Flagstaff.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'll get my money for my pass one way or another but going into this season with low expectations. Kind of what you have to do for everything now. If I get a few good days I'll be happy. Good luck with your ACL, maybe do some hiking rehab down here? Desert hiking season is upon us.

I’ve already gotten some use of my 20/21 pass with two days of riding up at the Brianhead bike park.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
Ski Santa Fe.

I really really like what Ski Santa Fe did for their pricing. Very innovative. I just worry it'll end up being too low and don't make as much as they could

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
dang, that'll allow another couple hundo cars up there. Not sure how I feel about that lol.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Can you remind where Lot 1 is located? I didn't bother to remember lot designations after they changed them a bit last season.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
Can you remind where Lot 1 is located? I didn't bother to remember lot designations after they changed them a bit last season.
Doesn’t matter. You are always so amazingly early when picking me up that we’re close to the first on the mountain anyway. I never dare suggest an extra n minutes shut eye ...

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I usually get up there around 8 AM and smoke a bowl/drink coffee until the lifts open. Guarantees my spot in lot 5 under the lift. I've gotten up there at 7:30 on a powder day before and the plow guy was not happy.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Arizona Gondola is now a thing. I was wondering if they would keep Agassiz in the name. I can't wait to ride it though I will always opt for the open chair I think.
120893950_10157335751396583_1413687322425044357_n.jpg

Shifterkart

Putting on skis
Skier
I was hoping it would be called Agassiz Express. Either way a welcome upgrade and I will be going to the top more often, just not in a gondola for awhile.

cholla

Booting up
Skier
I wonder when they will get the haul rope installed, and get the chairs and cabins hung. I wonder how long that process takes. No doubt the webcam will be out of service as all of that occurs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor