• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eastern Canada WWYD: Mont Sainte Anne or Le Massif de Charlevoix?

WWYD: Mont Sainte Anne or Le Massif de Charlevoix?

• Mont Sainte Anne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Le Massif de Charlevoix

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There used to be a good fondu place right at Ste. Anne's base.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
OMG stop with the food. You're killing me!

TS
ilovepugs

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Quick, order a cheap Seyval blanc to make @Tony S feel better.

Two lactase night? Sounds like getting ready for a soup-sized cafe au lait morning :D
I sprang for not one but TWO Violette & Cassis cocktails - violette gin, cassis liqueur, lime juice and tonic. What a delightful meal.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
There is NO SUCH THING as a Canadian hot tub. There are only Tepid Tubs.
Not true! Oh no. You obviously never went to the old Nordique Spa, very close to MSA. I would have mentioned it to @ilovepugs but apparently it's gone through a death and rebirth cycle of some kind.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I stayed in that hotel a number of times. The latest reno and change in brand is top notch.

FWIW - @ilovepugs - heading there for the Warren Jobbit camp in Feb with an extra day start and finish. Feb 4-9. Camp is Monday to Thursday, so Sunday and Friday are ski days. We might tour QC on the Friday though.

TS
ilovepugs

ilovepugs

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I stayed in that hotel a number of times. The latest reno and change in brand is top notch.

FWIW - @ilovepugs - heading there for the Warren Jobbit camp in Feb with an extra day start and finish. Feb 4-9. Camp is Monday to Thursday, so Sunday and Friday are ski days. We might tour QC on the Friday though.
Ohhh I’d love to go but my winter travel plans have already been scheduled. Enjoy and hopefully see you at the Eastern Townships gathering?

TS
ilovepugs

ilovepugs

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m back south of the border. Snow was not quite as good today, the bumps firmed up and were more chalky (with some very occasional loud scratch noises). I would have been happier in the Nordica Santa Ana 84s I brought instead of the JSkis Allplays (old version, high 90s mm waist). But it was still really nice. Bumps are still a work in progress for me and I made progress yesterday and today.
2EBA16F0-7FB8-42C6-A9B8-7B1CC9B9B5FA.jpeg
^ This trail reminded me of my spiritual home (MRG). It was my last bump run of the day. I thought to myself that I wish I had done this several more times beforehand, since the sheltered snow was somehow softer than the rest of the mountain face. Then I got to the end and there was a big water bar and it was sketchy but I managed not to go ass over teakettle.

047DF58F-7F4F-40C4-9360-BF37960893A7.jpeg
The trails underneath the north express and close by had a pretty good pitch, on the upper end of what I would consider a “blue” slope. I realized today that there were a handful of other trails off to the side of the main blue pod that were a lot gentler and more of what I would call easy blues. Since I didn’t know that yesterday, all my powder day bump skiing was on harder stuff than I would have chosen by default. I consider that an accidental win.
A77E08FE-423B-4D61-B08D-0294A6AD13D1.jpeg

Guess I’ll be back another time. I’d love a chance to drive up and see the scenery en route when it isn’t dark!

Trip was honestly pretty restorative. Even though I probably spent a total of 6 hours on mountain over two days and worked the rest of the time, the snow time cleared my head. I didn’t realize I was feeling particularly burnt out before I left and I feel a lot better.

TS
ilovepugs

ilovepugs

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Coda: Because the hotel was paid for with points, the total cost of my trip including meals, lift tickets and gas for 2 days was $317.5 and that included the splurge-y dinner on Wednesday night. Since I just sold some skis for $320, by my Ski Math (tm), the trip was essentially free. :cool:

Sponsor