• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

International (Europe/Japan/Southern Hemisphere) Worth visiting Las Leñas during Argentina ski trip?

hollyberry

Putting on skis
Skier
My husband and I are planning a 10-14 day ski trip in Argentina in mid-late August of 2023. I will already be living in Argentina for study abroad (in Buenos Aires) and he will be visiting me from the USA. We are both advanced skiers who like steeps, moguls, chutes and some small jumps. We are both fluent in Spanish.

1. So far, it seems like Bariloche/Catedral Alta Patagonia might be our best bet as far as ease of transportation/affordable lodging/variety of advanced/expert terrain. We have heard Las Leñas also has some incredible terrain and beautiful views, but that the Marte chair which services the best terrain is often on wind hold. It also seems like lodging at Las Leñas is more difficult to get to/more expensive in general. Is it worth trying to include Las Leñas in our 10-14 day trip?

We don't have backcountry gear or experience, but we are thinking of hiring a guide for the sidecountry for a day or two in either Catedral or Las Leñas. Can we save some money by hiring a Spanish-only guide? Is hiring a guide worth it/necessary for the side country?

Thank you!

Sponsor