• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Worst Skis Ever?

bmlvail

Booting up
Industry Insider
Not counting novelty skis but among the worst skis ever had to be:

Hart Chess Set
Graves
Nishizawa Tactics and Weewill
Sarner Crac
Lange Softstyle

Recent:

Atomic Metrome
Volkl G40 Vertigo

and the worst ---- Fischer Watea 94

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Ridden lots of skis but for me the worst I’ve ever skied have been rossignol rpm’s,

I spent a week at Vail and BC on the 17 and 21 when they came out - not spectacular but not worse than average - but then the pair of 21s I had on crusty snow at Heavenly was amazing - especially coming from a company that had made several hundred thousand pieces of drekh labeled "CUT" just prior to the RPM.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Worst skis ever made? Any made in the 20th century. :roflmao:

Last edited:

Jay

Booting up
Skier
Worst skis: rossignol rpm, parlor (sorry not a fan), k2
best skis: head i-rally, nordica dobermann, nordica enforcer, volkl rc ti.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Some of the beauties that show up on my table every Saturday here in NEPA would totally be on this “list of the worst skis ever”……it’s definitely entertaining seeing the stuff people bring in to get fixed/tuned/remounted, etc….lol.

As long as they having fun…..who am I to judge?

PowHog

Getting on the lift
Skier
Hard to argue with you there. These were breaking in the shops just as they were flexed, tail caps were breaking off. The French were caught off guard with that whole shape ski fad.
They weren't that bad for a late 90s ski - at least as long as they didn't break. Maybe I was just fortunate enough they didn't.

Idahosnow

Putting on skis
Skier
This is kind of a thread detour but I was at a demo a few years ago and skied a Volkl Kendo from the Volkl tent. It was easily the best ski of the day. Later in the day, I wanted to revisit the Kendo. I demoed it from the local shop's demo booth, and it was the worst, scariest ski I've ever been on. It's amazing what a tune (good and bad) can do. Not saying that the skis in this thread could be fixed with a tune but that sure left an impression.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Not counting novelty skis but among the worst skis ever had to be:

and the worst ---- Fischer Watea 94

3974_pic1c.jpg

What, the Watea 94? Maybe worst graphics ever (the pee-pee skis)?!?
I had a pair of these, and they were great for the first 3 years as my daily driver. Then, something happened, perhaps they warped in the hot attic in the summer, but they felt like the most convex bases ever. I tuned and tuned, eventually had them base-ground, but they never skied right again. Why did you call them out, @bmlvail ?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is kind of a thread detour but I was at a demo a few years ago and skied a Volkl Kendo from the Volkl tent. It was easily the best ski of the day. Later in the day, I wanted to revisit the Kendo. I demoed it from the local shop's demo booth, and it was the worst, scariest ski I've ever been on. It's amazing what a tune (good and bad) can do. Not saying that the skis in this thread could be fixed with a tune but that sure left an impression.
Imagine if you demoed the bad ski first? Yeah, this is why jsut telling people to demo isn't always the best plan of action.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm going to put the Hart Camaro on the list. My mom had a pair and they were like skiing leaf springs. She demoed a pair of VR17s and immediately went from intermediate to expert.

I suspect my Dad's Javelins might have been similar, but they were 210s. As a wee sixth grader, I never jumped onto them.

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm going to put the Hart Camaro on the list. My mom had a pair and they were like skiing leaf springs. She demoed a pair of VR17s and immediately went from intermediate to expert.

I suspect my Dad's Javelins might have been similar, but they were 210s. As a wee sixth grader, I never jumped onto them.
I skied on 210 Javelin GS's for years! Great ski in it's day!

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
Some of the beauties that show up on my table every Saturday here in NEPA would totally be on this “list of the worst skis ever”……it’s definitely entertaining seeing the stuff people bring in to get fixed/tuned/remounted, etc….lol.

As long as they having fun…..who am I to judge?
My dad in NEPA is still on Rossi Bandits from like 2001. And 65-flex ski boots (with the ski pant gaiters tucked into the boots) even though he's north of 200 lbs and skis, or at least tries to ski, the whole mountain. And he wonders why he gets tired easily. Looks at me like I'm an alien when I suggest that an equipment upgrade might give him some extra stamina. Some people are just incorrigible!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied on 210 Javelin GS's for years! Great ski in it's day!

Cool beans! My dad's ski too. By the time I was big enough to dabble in his stuff, we had become a K2 family.

As a kid, the stairway landing in our house was completely covered in ski posters that Dad had written away for to various ski areas (like Chamonix!) and ski companies.

Prominently displayed was one of Art Furrier (sp?) and somebody else dressed identically, doing the famous "Javelin Turn". :ogbiggrin:

Sponsor

Staff online