• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Women’s World Cup 2021

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
At first glance it may seem that way but there are a lot of good skiers on the first page (Goggia, Liensberger, Hrovat, Bucik, Alphand etc. even Gut-Behrami) & who knows if someone can pop in from late depending on conditions.
I have been looking at the webcam the past couple of days & looks like the fog has been in & out.
Yeah... my post was a little tongue-in-cheek... just seemed that the favorites were going out early, not that someone else couldn't win.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Since the GS is a two run race, watching the first 6 racers on the course won't give you the results. On the second run the start order is reversed,(only the 30 with the best times get a second run) and the racer who finished in 30th place goes first, 29th finisher second, etc., etc. and finally the winner of first run goes last. Often, usually, not all the second runs are shown on TV, if your combined time is the best so far, the run is probably shown, and if you crash that's often shown. It's common for the last 15 an/or the last 8 runs to be on on TV. I'm speaking of US coverage, Europe probably shows all the runs.

But maybe you knew all that, if so excuse my long windedness.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
But maybe you knew all that, if so excuse my long windedness.
Possibly but you never know who’s lurking :huh:.
Hopefully threads like this help attract interest and someday the US will have good television coverage again & produce safer, better skilled skiers.
You may have answered someone’s question who is new to all of this.

Last edited:

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Would have Shiffrin at two if she was in. Winner on this Solden Wall usually has big legs - the the three below do.

Kiwi (won with her last year, and sticking)
Brignone
Gut

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Get a VPN and stream from europe; no US broadcast/streaming.

Chance of getting a eurosport (or similar) feed uploaded to youtube; try and watch before it gets taken down. There's usually a copy of the eurosport feed in english or russian? (i don't speak russian, i'm guessing) on youtube for a couple of days before it gets taken down.

any suggestions for euro sites? I have VPN. Thanks!

James

Out There
Instructor
Lindsey won her first GS at Soelden?

After. In German.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Quite normal for Sölden, some skiers are yet not in race pace. Accentuated this year with more complications for training and the race one week earlier.

skix

Out on the slopes
Skier
any suggestions for euro sites? I have VPN. Thanks!

The link below posted over in another thread is working in the US right now with no need for a VPN. You can watch run 2 live or go back 3 hours in the stream to find run 1.

Sounds like it will activate shortly before the start...

CLICK HERE TO WATCH: https://live.oesv.tv/ (link will activate prior to race)
Saturday, Oct. 17, Women’s Alpine GS: Run 1 – 4:00 AM EST / Run 2 – 7:00 AM EST
Sunday, Oct. 18, Men’s Alpine GS: Run 1 – 4:00 AM EST / Run 2 – 7:15 AM EST

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
2 out of 3 ain’t bad ;) .
4DEAD042-D8B4-439D-8202-482E64BD0788.jpeg
FDC775C4-6EE6-4BA1-926D-9C425FA5C76F.png

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Great race and nice coverage on the Austrian ski team link. Awesome job by the American girls
Interesting that Brunner had “fake” rods, while Petra added them
69EBCD1F-44B4-4C04-8375-80E56EE17A5C.jpeg
A3C356B3-1594-4F24-BE1E-50CDE7C337BD.jpeg

Last edited:
TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Runs of the day...

80A3DFEE-B968-4E16-8EFE-74993035AF65.jpeg

Really happy to see Gisin in 4th & looks like Gut still has something in the tank. A wow for Moltzan 4th in run 2 & O’brien. Swiss Ellenberger with 3rd fastest 2nd run.

Last edited:
TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
I don’t know how long this will stay on YouTube so better watch now
Run 1

EDIT!: wow gone that fast :huh:

Last edited:

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier

Looks like another racer from famous Buck Hill, as recently highlighted here:

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Pretty interesting (to me) to see Ledecka (1) starting a GS, and (2) in the points

Also, interesting to me what kind of form Gisin will bring to the other events, especially in SL. If she's skiing well, she's a top-10 threat in 4 disciplines and could be an outside contender for the overall, especially if Shiffrin isn't skiing all events.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Pretty interesting (to me) to see Ledecka (1) starting a GS, and (2) in the points

Also, interesting to me what kind of form Gisin will bring to the other events, especially in SL. If she's skiing well, she's a top-10 threat in 4 disciplines and could be an outside contender for the overall, especially if Shiffrin isn't skiing all events.
I think Ledecka is just an amazing athlete who would excel at anything she tries.

Yeah I luv Gisin. Thought she had a rough season last year & it seemed like she was slumping. Stoked to see her ski so well today!

Sponsor