• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Wolf Creek

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey wait a second, I always thought they got the most snow?

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Most snow compared to...??? Certainly they are right up there in CO. Across the country, not so much.

Reactions: Tex

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Looking at depth, they are at the bottom, not the top?
Oh... you mean right now. Yeah, local effects are all over the place. They do get the most on average for whole seasons though.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
1638744664516.png

This can change. In 24 years of skiing in the SW, I've only seen two seasons where WC didn't get a lot more snow than anywhere else in CO.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh... you mean right now.
Yes, now dang it! I guess also their base reflects real snow and everyone else reflects man made snow?

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I guess Wolf Creek was just sandbagging. :daffy:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

They do. Too bad the terrain doesnt match the snow. its just short steep pitches to flat. Oh well. Cant have it all. Its fun with very fat skis.

Steamboat report seems quite honest: :geek::(

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 3.58.29 PM.png

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

EVENTS & COMMENTS​

** SPECIAL STATEMENT**. Wolf Creek will be delayed on opening – Wind gusts of 80mph and 0 visibility have delayed opening and Wolf Creek will not be opening until conditions Abate. Highway visibility is extremely limited and CDOT is conducting AR on the pass! Wolf Creek will be updating this report every 45 min with the next update at 7:30!

** SPECIAL STATEMENT**. Wolf Creek will be on an extremely delayed opening – except for the Nova lift which will be operating from 9AM-4PM. Avalanche Hazard Reduction and Tree Removal will be taking place throughout the day!

They must have had one heck of a blowdown of bark beetle-kill trees in these winds. Woods are going to be sketchy for a while despite all the snow they've had.

Sponsor

Staff online