• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Why oh why do we hang onto stuff?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Who has hung onto some weird stuff for a really long time? For some reason I have some really old cologne. I guess it gets stuck in a medicine cabinet and never used. I'm not much of a fragrance guy.
From right to left: I think I got the Hai Karate around 1972. It's almost gone, I'm afraid of what might happen to me when it all evaporates. The stuff from the Virgin Islands was from my honeymoon there in 1980. The Reve d'or is from a trip to Martinique in 2015.
The beanie baby turkey is about 25 years old.
View attachment 116020
Hai Karate! LOL I remember those days..

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Who has hung onto some weird stuff for a really long time? For some reason I have some really old cologne. I guess it gets stuck in a medicine cabinet and never used. I'm not much of a fragrance guy.
From right to left: I think I got the Hai Karate around 1972. It's almost gone, I'm afraid of what might happen to me when it all evaporates. The stuff from the Virgin Islands was from my honeymoon there in 1980. The Reve d'or is from a trip to Martinique in 2015.
The beanie baby turkey is about 25 years old.
View attachment 116020
When we moved to our new home I got rid of a couple of old bottles of English Leather, British Sterling, and Old Spice.

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have a hat hanging on the bedstead. Been there since before my son was born. Means nothing to me, but when I die it will drive him nuts trying to figure out what to do with “dad’s favorite hat”. Winning.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Polo and Chaps...

I'd take the British Sterling.
Never had Chaps but the Polo is still in the collection, it is what my wife likes. You know what they say happy wife happy life.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
After discovering my 50 year old Hai Karate cologne yesterday in the back of the medicine cabinet in our basement bathroom I splashed some on myself. Later my wife told me I smelled like old ball cap. Could spell the end of Hai Karate.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
A couple of months ago I needed a piece of wood to put under something. I had a piece just the right size that had been in the basement almost 20 years. As I came up the stairs with it, I said, "so there, Marie Kondo!"

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Polo was really good at masking the smell of weed.. Wore it all through college.

Sponsor