• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Which ski would you buy in a heart beat

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Say, you're browsing for whatever on eBay (or any other site). Which ski that you by accident find on there for a ridiculously good price would you buy in a heartbeat? As a rock ski, a 'friend' ski, for nostalgia reasons... The only rule: you would actually have to ski it at least 1 day a season...

For me:
Fischer Motive 86
K2 iKonic 80 (the newer version)
Blizzard G-Force Supersonic IQ

Even_Stevens

Getting off the lift
Skier
Volkl Kendo 88
Volkl Gotama (mostly for the awesome top sheets)
K2 Kung Fuja (definitely for the top sheet)
ON3P Woodsman 108 with the Doobski top sheet
1999 Dynastar ATV (first ski that wasn’t a rental)

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Whitedot Altum 114. Make an old guy feel like Candide ( OK more the outtakes when he flops repeatedly rather than the A reel of him sending Aiguille Perce)

Coolhand

Getting off the lift
Skier
Blizzard Titan Atlas IQ
Fischer Motive 95
Fischer Progressor 1000 C-Line
Kastle MX78
Head Monster 88

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Slightly off topic, but a friend was looking for a classic old ski to make into a shot ski for his daughter's wedding. I donated one of my old Volkl Snow Rangers. It is one that I might buy again...they were one of the first wide skis, not so easy to turn but they ruled the crud.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I could list 50 skis easy but my current unicorn is the Rossignol 4S Reproduction from the early 2000's... just to mount my new Salomon Strive 16 MN 747's on.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
“Ridiculously good price” and Stockli don’t normally belong in the same sentence but as luck would have it this season I found a pair of brand new still in wrappers pair of 18/19 Laser GS FIS for the equivalent of 150 euro, so….yeah…

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I could be swayed into buying a good modern GS ski; I have a hole in the quiver there. 10 years ago a modern SG ski would have tempted me too, but I guess I'm slowing down as I get older.

Maybe some for of Stockli SX would tempt me too.
Also if someone made a really good near-race SL/GS ski that is a bit wider so I wouldn't have to worry about booting out on ice I would buy it.

AltaSkier

I stick uphill ice...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I could list 50 skis easy but my current unicorn is the Rossignol 4S Reproduction from the early 2000's... just to mount my new Salomon Strive 16 MN 747's on.

Ha! I still have my pair of early/mid 90's 4SK's in a 198 from my high school racing days. That was way too much ski for me when I was that small.

Micheal Taub

Let's burn one.
Skier
Why wait for sales? I just bought a pair of Montero AR's, 180 with the WRT plate and bindings, and Montero AW's 166 for my wife. I got a great deal at my local shop.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Blizzard Titan Atlas IQ
Fischer Motive 95
Fischer Progressor 1000 C-Line
Kastle MX78
Head Monster 88
Interesting. I owned two of those skis. I liked them a lot, but they are gone and I don't miss them enough to put them on my list.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Interesting. I owned two of those skis. I liked them a lot, but they are gone and I don't miss them enough to put them on my list.

I could take @Coolhand's list and tweak it slightly but no one else would be happy.

Dynastar Chrome series.
Any Palmer built by Kessler.
About a half dozen Ogasaka/VectorGlides.
Ramp Woodpecker.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I could take @Coolhand's list and tweak it slightly but no one else would be happy.

Dynastar Chrome series.
Any Palmer built by Kessler.
About a half dozen Ogasaka/VectorGlides.
Ramp Woodpecker.

Good call on the Ogies. I see any of the TC at a huge discount, I buy it. Something tells me tho this is very unlikely to happen.

BLiP

Out on the slopes
Skier
Atomic X9RS (the fact that I can't get it in the US probably ups the appeal factor).

Sponsor

Staff online