• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Whey no love for the Santa Ana (or Enforcer) 93?

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
I see a lot of reviews (mostly positive) on the Santa Ana 88 and 100 - but very little love for the 93. I'm not saying I see a lot of hate for it either - I just don't see much at all.

Why is that? Any lovers or haters of this ski out there? Anyone use it as a daily driver? Thoughts?

How does the SA 93 compare to the SA 100?

musicmatters

Getting on the lift
Skier
I see a lot of reviews (mostly positive) on the Santa Ana 88 and 100 - but very little love for the 93. I'm not saying I see a lot of hate for it either - I just don't see much at all.

Why is that? Any lovers or haters of this ski out there? Anyone use it as a daily driver? Thoughts?

How does the SA 93 compare to the SA 100?

I use it as my daily driver and love it. I ski mostly Utah and Rockies trips. I also bought the E100 this off season and rented it a few times last season when we had 6+ inches of fresh, as the E93 didn’t quite have the float in deeper snow as expected. I also used the E100 on a few groomer days and it was surprising very close in performance to the 93. If I didn’t know I had on the E100, I probably wouldn’t have known the difference. They E100 are a very good representation of a west coast 1-ski quiver option (during a good snow year) I think as you can find. I feel like the E100 handles the groomers better the E93 handles the deeper snow, if that makes any sense.

When I’m skiing with my kids (6 and 4 years old) I would prefer the E93 as they are a good bit lighting and just easier to maneuver around with them.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I have the E100 and love it; and have demo'd the E93 at Snowbird/Alta and loved it also. It's almost down to a coin flip.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Right now the 93mm version of these skis is suffering from Middle Child Syndrome with the reference 100 and latest and greatest 88 getting the attention. I said as soon as the 88 was announced that 90+% of it's sales would come at the cost of the 93. The 93 is no less of the ski it has been for the past couple of years. but the 88 is the golden child right now.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Plus the 93 and 100 are in their current iteration have been out for what, 3 seasons now? So, any reviews of them just aren't current.

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
So, I can't speak for the Mrs but - she's a West Coast (OK New Mexico) gal that grew up skiing CO, CA, AZ and NM - she's a natural and always a great check on my "went once on a Church trip to W. Virginia" SouthEastern boy ego - bought her a pair of Santa Ana 93s. All I got was a 'yeah they're fine'. She could ski anything and still be better than me. E100 is my DD ski - and picking up some 88's for this season for Eastern and non-pow days on Western trips. If the 88 hadn't come out I'd be seriously considering the 93. Before the 88 came out I had a teeny bit of buyer's remorse on the 100 (thinking 93 would be a better all-around ski for me) - especially riding the 100's on some boilerplate Austrian groomers. They wore my knees out a bit after a couple days of that and I wished I had a skinnier, easier to turn ski (on the hard stuff).

TLDR
Call this some love for the 93.

Sponsor

Staff online