• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So,Renouns current contest has me thinking, Where should I get a seasons pass for? I'm fairly certain that I am going to win ogwink, and am undecided. I really don't want a seasons pass at the local bump, (although one of the private clubs may be ok, not sure if that is in the prize realm).
So, someplace I could fly to easily ( I live in Toronto) , could get to the resort easily from the airport, is relatively cheap so I could do it many times in a season, etc.
What would you do? You guys that live close to some paradise make me sick already, you have an easy answer. But the rest of us that have to fly the live the dream, where would you go?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
From Toronto, the easiest place to fly to would be Kelowna, with Silver Star in Vernon a 45 minute drive from the airport. Big White is also 45 minutes away but its well earned nickname is Big Whiteout, so I never recommend it.

Also the small city of Vernon (pop. 40k) is only 20 minutes from Silver Star and has some cheap motels. The negative is that there are 40k people to draw from on a powder morning so it is pretty easy for the Vernon skiers to show up in the am, ski off the pow, go home.

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
So,Renouns current contest has me thinking, Where should I get a seasons pass for? I'm fairly certain that I am going to win ogwink, and am undecided. I really don't want a seasons pass at the local bump, (although one of the private clubs may be ok, not sure if that is in the prize realm).
So, someplace I could fly to easily ( I live in Toronto) , could get to the resort easily from the airport, is relatively cheap so I could do it many times in a season, etc.
What would you do? You guys that live close to some paradise make me sick already, you have an easy answer. But the rest of us that have to fly the live the dream, where would you go?

What about Tremblant and then get the Max Pass Add On (maybe the last year for the Max Pass) which will give you a ton of northeast stuff and some good out west options.

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
Alta or Snowbird or somewhere else near SLC.

Lots of flights. Reliable airport. Cheap places to stay and bus to the hill.

Plus a lot of snow.

Sponsor

Staff online