• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Where is Philpug's Jacket?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This one...

IMG_2017.jpeg

IMG_8482.jpeg

Asking...

@jimmy???
Attachment.jpg

@Jim Kenney ???
Attachment.jpg

@Neurodrive ???
Attachment.jpg

@SKI-3PO ???
Attachment.jpg

@Gary Stolt ???
Attachment.jpg

Give it up guys, it looks better on me.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There is a longer story behind this Bogner Jacket/kit. It was an auction item at the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame outing last year. There were no bids on it so I put a lowball starting bid on it and no else bid so I got it and the money went to a good cause. Say what you want about the perception of Bogner but @KingGrump will attest, they make some of the best tecnical wears out there and yes, they do it with their own style which sometimes IS over the top.

Earlier this year we were in Utah for trade shows and I put the jacket in the closet after wearing it, at the end of the stay due to some technical issues with the S.S. SkiTalk we had to evacuate the unit in a haste and I ended up leaving the jacket in one of the closets (this is why I don't hang my stuff up, you can forget it). I didn't realize until we got back home. We contacted the renter and he said he would have his people look for it. We just said it was a blue jacket and not that it was a Bogner not knowing if they knew the value or not. HE came back a few days later and said they could not find it. I was thinking that the cleaning people found it and I started watching FB Market, CL and KSL.com to see if it showed up there. We did ask to check again and told him specifically where i left it, still no luck.

About a week later, we get a note from him that they did indeed find it and he would have to find a bot to ship it back to me that he would ship it back to me. @Jim Kenney, this is where i reached out to you to see if you could get it for me. I ended up sending him a shipping label and it finally returned home.

So this is the second time I left the jacket somewhere, if it happens another time, three times a charm, it will be a sign to me that the universe does not want me to have nice things and I will have to either leave it where i left it or find a way to pay it forward.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Why am I hearing Barney sing "Who took the cookies from the cookie jar" while scrolling down those photos?

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Why it went to the bar of course; where it was shanghaied by a whole bunch of people working on their drinking skills.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I always had you as a proper, stand up guy. Giving your jacket to so many other people to try it on in is just another proof.

Well done man!

I wouldn’t give my jacket to my own mother…

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I don't know, @Gary Stolt is showing some style with the green trousers.

I would give the black bottomed lot a ribbing about updressing, but with that coat ribbing is redundant?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I always had you as a proper, stand up guy. Giving your jacket to so many other people to try it on in is just another proof.

Well done man!

I wouldn’t give my jacket to my own mother…
She seemed to like it when I let her wear mine and also tell her I said hi

BlueGrin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Say what you want about the perception of Bogner but @KingGrump will attest, they make some of the best tecnical wears out there
My wife and I have softly mocked them for years (especially saying it in a Eurotrash accent with a heavily over-pronounced umlaut on the O).

This year we each stumbled on a couple of their items that we liked, and goddammit if they're not my favorite ski pants I've ever owned.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
…Say what you want about the perception of Bogner but @KingGrump will attest, they make some of the best tecnical wears out there…
I would hope so, given the price.

I’m more of an Arc’teryx/Stio/Patagonia guy. Not that those are significantly less expensive…or better. But, associations…

Does Bogner make any patroller or mountaineering wear?

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
BTW, I was the guy who noticed Phil's unattended jacket hanging on a chair in the Diamond Peak bar and started asking, "who's jacket?" We gotcha back covered Phil:wave:

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Probably not.
But Bogner does the outfits for the German Ski Association. They should move on from the tiger design on the racing suits, but I quite liked the green jackets the alpine team wore this year. It’s “athluxury,” as they put it!

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@jimmy looks all business, like a Mafia boss, so I ain’t gonna mess with him, so he gets my vote :thumb:

Sponsor