• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What's the best chocolate covered non-candy-food?

What's the best chocolate covered non-candy-food?

• Pretzels

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Nuts of any type

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Strawberries or other fresh fruit

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Raisins or other dried fruit

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Insects

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Potato chips

• Popcorn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bacon

• Coffee beans

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Other?

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I like food polls on here sometimes, so this one came to mind for me... I'm certain it's a flawed poll, so please feel free to tell me what I missed! (Though "other" does cover everything.)

I didn't want to consider caramel, or nougat, or marshmallow, or creme eggs, etc. This is for things that are not already candy, but covered in chocolate. FWIW, I've tried all the things I listed.

My favorite is chocolate covered pretzels... specifically these ones:

1686748752370.png

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister

My brother and I have a habit of exchanging gag gifts over the holidays; I got him some chocolate covered scorpions last year. I haven't heard back from him as to how they were.

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Peanuts. All other answers are incorrect.

dm

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I asked what "the best" is... not "pick all the ones you like" :ogbiggrin:
It will depend on my mood at the time, there are times when I could make the case for almost every one of your options. Oh, chocolate covered cream cheese, so good and ...creamy.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
This is my favorite TODAY... because they are on my shelf NOW.
I alternate with raisins.
1686754248527.jpeg

A wise old friend railed against rating polls that had a right down the middle option. I suppose a multiple choice "best" would fall in that category. In this case I think a rank choice voting arrangement would work well.

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Palette-orically incorrect! Almonds are far superior.
This is another common but still incorrect misconception.
Almonds are larger than peanuts, which results in a smaller chocolate to nut ratio, while the mild flavor of peanuts pairs perfectly with chocolate. There's a reason there is no such thing as Reese's Almond Butter Cups.

dm

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
There's a reason there is no such thing as Reese's Almond Butter Cups.
To be fair, the inside of a Reese's Peanut Butter cup is not the same as just "peanuts". It's not really even typical peanut butter. It's more like a peanut-based candy. And it's amazing.

Also, there are Hershey bars with almonds, but not with peanuts. But on the other hand, peanut M&M's are the best.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
I consider chocolate covered nuts (and probably dried fruit) candy. In my defense: goobers and raisinettes.

If we strike that from the list - pretzels for sure.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I consider chocolate covered nuts (and probably dried fruit) candy. In my defense: goobers and raisinettes.

I take it three steps further. If it doesn't qualify with unsweetened chocolate, it's candy. Hence: mole

But you lot go ahead and waste time with your candied bacons and candied termites.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
Lots of dessert possibilities missing. Most notably ice cream bars (Klondike, dove, etc)

James

Out There
Instructor
^ At least you found Mr Goodbar for Dave.

Best chocolate covered pretzels I’ve had were from Shriver’s on the boardwalk in Ocean City, NJ. They’re famous for salt water taffy, but the pretzels are even better. Also another small candy maker in NJ near Collingswood that I can’t remember. Neither are inexpensive, but so good.

Sponsor

Staff online