• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What was the fix?

Mattyboy

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Last weekend my wife turned her skis in to get them waxed and sharpened. When she picked them up she couldn't control the skis, especially on flat
terrain. They were floating all over the place, causing her real panic. She turned them back in, and got them back with a note saying "FIXED".
We want to know what happened? so we can avoid it in the future.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Last weekend my wife turned her skis in to get them waxed and sharpened. When she picked them up she couldn't control the skis, especially on flat
terrain. They were floating all over the place, causing her real panic. She turned them back in, and got them back with a note saying "FIXED".
We want to know what happened? so we can avoid it in the future.
Really hard to say, "Floating all over the place", too fast? no edge grip? if the latter, it means the base bevel might have been too much making the skis feel greasy (like bald tires in the rain).

Did she ski them yet after the "fix"?

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Base high. They've probably taken a lot of base off to level them.

TS
M

Mattyboy

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
She Ski'd the day before... all fine, good control & confidence.
The day in question was terrible on blue groomers, and better in moguls.
The day after "the Fix" she was back to good control and confidence.

My understanding was too much wax, or poor scraping would just create slow skis.
This behaved as if they built the base up, and didn't scrape it level with the edges.
If this is correct, then I will file this away for when I work on skis.

THANKS !

Sponsor

Staff online