What to do: Binding Brakes Catch

Discussion in 'Hardgoods: Skis, Bindings, Poles, and More' started by Pauldotcom, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Pauldotcom

Pauldotcom Booting up Skier

Anyone have their bindings catch on the skis causing them to lock together momentarily while skiing (I ski tight)?

I had it happen to me in the past so I cut the inside brake off of each binding to fix the problem (it worked but it does look odd lol)

I'm about to mount new bindings up and wondering if anyone had an alternative fix (tried searching and couldn't find anything).

I can't be the only person on the planet that has this happen?

2. Philpug

Philpug Enjoying being back on two skis. Admin Pugski Ski Tester

What binding and width brake on what width ski?

3. Thread Starter
    TS
    Pauldotcom

Pauldotcom Booting up Skier

102 ski Grif 110 brake

4. jmeb

jmeb Stereotypical Front Range Weekend Warrior Skier

Not exactly safe. Binding brakes aren't just for convenience. If you're skiing inbounds (based on the Griffs comment) -- you owe it to other people on the hill to have properly functioning brakes -- lest a ski go rocketing down a groomer into someone. One side ain't going to stop a ski on a groomer or firm snow.

Different brakes retract differently. I tend to choose a brake narrower than the ski and stretch it just a bit.

One constant issue with Marker Royal series bindings is the lack of a 100mm brake available.

Sibhusky and AngryAnalyst like this.
  5. Philpug

Philpug Enjoying being back on two skis. Admin Pugski Ski Tester

It is coming next year!!! They were listening.

Marker

[​IMG]
    How about a 100mm brake for the Royal bindings? With so many 98-102mm skis on the market, 90 mm is too narrow and 110 mm just hangs over. This would have been a better investment of time and money than the 120mm brake.

jmeb likes this.