• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is a fun thread to bump while we're sitting here waiting for the storm to allow us back on the mountain.

I would dare say the signature run at Mt Rose is Kit Carson Bowl, although Rose is known for "the Chutes" however that covers several runs.

Maybe other locals have a different idea.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not seeing anyone offer up stuff at PCMR. While not technically a "signature" run, I think Jupiter Bowl in its entirety is a massive area of almost unlimited lines to include open bowl, tight trees, steep glades and rolling hills. Super fun.

On the Canyons side I'll say the entire 9990 area is pretty iconic. That is some STEEP stuff off that lift. The snow can be very good on a pow day or leftover day.

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't know how I missed thread for so many years.

Sun Valley: Toss-up between College and Limelight

Snowbird: Regulator Johnson

Aspen Mt: Ruthies

Snowmass: Big Burn (more of a area consisting of several runs)

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Outer Limits!
Superstar has the World Cup appeal. Outer Limits is the popular choice for bump skiers, and Cascade is one of originals - but two of my favorites are Escapade (skiers right of Cascade) and Downdraft (Skiers left of Cascade)

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I think peaks 6, 7 and 8 at Breck have more challenging runs, but everyone wants to ski Horseshoe Bowl's Eagle's Nest. It is the main gut of the bowl. It's pretty classic. Imperial Bowl or Whale's Tail may overtake Horseshoe in renown.

goaliedad

Getting off the lift
Skier
Not sure Northstar has a "signature" run. I guess maybe Prosser on Martis comes closest.

At Heavenly, beyond Gunbarrel, I'm torn between Milky Way Bowl or Mott's Canyon. That's not counting the postcard views from Ridge Run!

Last edited:

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
49*North signature run would have to be Silver Ridge. It's a blue cruiser that goes top to bottom 0ff the #1 chair. The best perhaps Cy's Glades, might be the best tree skiing I know.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Mammoth :
Climax (sign line )
Varmits
Baby gravy
Stump (groomer )

While not a signature line b/c its rarely completely open...I love the name "Paranoid Flats"...it aint flat and probably will make most skiers Paranoid! How about Huevos Grande just for a great name?
I think it has to be listed on the regular published map, and the most difficult would probably be Kiwi Flats. A very flat run I've never done.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
But as usual, why? Cliffhanger is tougher and longer. Nile Mile a better cruiser. Yet I agree Marjie's is what everyone thinks of.
I haven't been there since the early 80s. Marjie's is the only one I can think of. It was THE run to do if you were da bomb. I was not.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I haven't been there since the early 80s. Marjie's is the only one I can think of. It was THE run to do if you were da bomb. I was not.
I got stitches on Marjie's. But even after I could ski it without stitches it was just a short icy horror with a ton of people on it and a flat run out. Cliffhanger came along and was a respectable trail top to bottom.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I got stitches on Marjie's. But even after I could ski it without stitches it was just a short icy horror with a ton of people on it and a flat run out. Cliffhanger came along and was a respectable trail top to bottom.
I don't think Cliffhanger was there when I was. There seems to be a bunch more runs now.

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
These days, as Camelback regulars, The Hump is a favorite. Instead of a just a straight shot that Marjies is now, The Hump's rolling terrain and turns makes it a little more interesting (obviously just in relation to Camelback lol).

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Blue Mountain PA. has a trail called Widow Maker that I am fond of skiing. For some reason it doesn't get as crowded as some of the others but I find it fun to ski.

Sponsor

Staff online