• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This year we switched over to Mt. Rose and I have noticed quite a few pairs of Moment skis. What's popular at your home mountain>

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Is it really? I mean good for them if it is. I still have a soft spot in my heart for Kastle.

According to the website, the beginner skis are K2, and the standard rentals are Salomon or Volkl. (Nice of Aspen to list that on their website.)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is it really? I mean good for them if it is. I still have a soft spot in my heart for Kastle.
They have a handful of Performance rental places that carry Kastle as their "go to" rental ski.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I see lots of Head Rallys, Volkl RTM 81s and 84s, Kenjas, Kendos and more than a fair share of DPS Wailers (99 and 112) and lots of Santa Anas in springtime. Whenever we ski Quebec all we see are Rossi Heros.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I remember thinking that I saw a shit ton of Volkl Kikus at Squaw when I moved to Tahoe. Now I see more variety.
For guys at Squaw - Cochise!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
At Niseko, it's DPS & Armada among the Aussies and Gringos, ABS backpacks [ :nono: ] on the Eurotrash; anywhere else it's a mixed bag

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
At Niseko, it's DPS & Armada among the Aussies and Gringos, ABS backpacks [ :nono: ] on the Eurotrash; anywhere else it's a mixed bag

Are there any Japanese folks there anymore? No Vector Glide?

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
:roflmao:Yeah, they're just harder to spot, and VGs are a popular choice with those heading out the gates.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
PNW is ALL over the map. About the only thing I notice is the hipsters like the bamboo poles, Rainier if you're broke or hip, and maybe Black Butte if you're flush, or old. Stevens Pass is often a hard goods museum, which is sort of cool!

Last edited:

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Local hill, everything. :)

Nordica, Rosi and Head

Sponsor

Staff online