• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What is old...is new again

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I've had this pair of Volkl Expolsiv leaning in the corner for a while. I liked them for western spring skiing. Crusty hard morning bumps, rotten sun bake in the afternoon.

But I've always enjoyed them all around.

Problem: The Rossi FKS bindings were showing their age, and are not WTR compatible.

So I slapped on a a set of Look Pivot Duals (WTR) Sunday after a pleasant afternoon ski with my wife.

Skied them today. It was all "Sand on Glass" or worse.

MAN! Do I like those skis! Sort of like slipping into the sheets with an old girl friend.

Light and snappy, Kicked me out of some hard bumps. Nimble and grippy.

What is old.... is new again.

We might get a foot of fresh tomorrow starting after noon. 100 under foot will shine!

I'm quite please with the resurrection!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Andy Mink did this with his Volkl P 50(?) last year.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Gang...like Detroit in the 50's and 60s' I some time wonder if "change for the sake of change" is a good thing? Also have we been programed to think anything the labeled "new" is just better? Side cut change is a big deal...my old right knee and my new ti & plastic left knee like this addition, but how many ways can you pile up foam/metal/resin/wood/composite and call it new and "improved"?

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
... but how many ways can you pile up foam/metal/resin/wood/composite and call it new and "improved"?

I don't know, but is @Andy Mink still skiing his P50s? Or has his trip down memory lane been satisfied :)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Gang...like Detroit in the 50's and 60s' I some time wonder if "change for the sake of change" is a good thing? Also have we been programed to think anything the labeled "new" is just better? Side cut change is a big deal...my old right knee and my new ti & plastic left knee like this addition, but how many ways can you pile up foam/metal/resin/wood/composite and call it new and "improved"?
There are many times there is change for the sake of change and cases where that change fixes what isn't broken. Let's look at each change/evolution/revolution on a case by case basis.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
CalG

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
By the way.....

The Canadian Mountain Holiday (CMH) Heli Ski Top sheet graphics add to the sex appeal...

Street cred and all that donchaknow

eta

Do these babies shine! What fun and confidence in the 4 inches of new snow that puked out of the sky above between 1 and 4 o'clock this afternoon!
And they were no slouch when the fresh was only two inches over ice flows.

Say's something, considering they were NOS when I got them in the late 90s. ;-)
It must be the new bindings......

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online