• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ejw1234567890

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hey guys. Thank you all for contributing so far. Has been super helpful in understanding why I never seem to be able to get a good boot fit. Really need some help now though.

I am in the market for a total change in boot/liner system and are determined to get it right this time. I have weird feet and son't trust boot fitter to get it right at local shops. Info:
- Expert skier. Do some skinning but mostly resort blacks/double blacks.
- 188cm tall (6'2")
- 88kgs (194 pounds)
- Not worried about weight of boot.
- 275mm length;
- 115 last;
- 310-315 instep volume (high arch).
- Skinny ankles and high calf.
- average/poor ankle flexion

Based on research, I was thinking a zipfit liner as they have minimal padding in forefoot but can bulk out my ankle area.

Question is, what size boot given the high volume of my foot. Any recommended boot models?

Help much appreciated.

Show less

TS
E

Ejw1234567890

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thanks Francois. yeah head a few horror stories about custom molding not being done right, hence the thought that zipfits might be a better way to go. Looks like you can pack heaps of cork in round the ankle as well, which should help reducing heal movement.

otto

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Can only go by what you wrote, and since I am not the one with eyes on, or measuring tape on you feet, I have to assume that you know how to measure your instep perimeter. That said the gap between your length and the instep seems extreme.

Second salient point is that if your ankle range of motion is poor, that’s the smoking gun as to why your heel is levering off the deck. So foaming, zip fitting, stuffing with glue on pads could be helpful, however if you solve your bodies mechanics ( low flexing ankle ) with balancing bootboard ramp angle and spine forward lean you will find that containing your heel may become easy without buying any products.

Sponsor

Staff online