• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Waterville Valley Race Hill?

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
It's a very good hill. More gentle than something like Main Street, not as long. Bit nice consistent pitch, not screwy fall lines. They keep it in great shape.

The SL is served by a T/Bar. Great set up for lapping it.
I think that trail is now called Tommy's WC Run.
GS is normally set above it on the trail that feeds into Tommy's. Sel's.
To get to that start, or a higher SL start, the lift is the WC Triple.

Both will finish at the same place. At the bottom. They do a nice job running races.

Foot access to the bottom is easy. Pretty flat walk from the base lodge. You can see a lot from the bottom. I've watched a lot of races there, up to NorAms. Never have been on skis. Have brought snowshoes and poles. And binoculars.

You can hike up to see a lot, but not mandatory. Much easier access that walking up to Main Street from MMSC.

Maybe we have a WVA/BBTS " local" or family who can add more?

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
I can't add anything useful. But we went up that T-bar once last year, headed for a trail that turned out to be closed. Ended up going down the race trail on a day when the entire hill was covered with ice. I had been skiing a total of two months. My first black trail! I made it down, no falls! A fond memory of terror and victory.

Jeffdag

Putting on skis
Skier
Hi Epic. Waterville has a great race hill with plenty of good viewing options. From the base of the hill (Short walk from base Lodge) you can see most of the slalom course and have good view of timing display.
If you head up and get on course, Coaches knoll (which is just below top of The Bar) has the best vantage point. Can see entire slalom run and most of GS.
The World Cup triple hasn't run for a few years and was moved to serve the new runs on Green Peak last year. So, you have to ride the White Peaks Quad to get to top and ski down to race start.
Let me know if you have any other questions, enjoy.

Jeff
(BBTS family and coach)

Sponsor