• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

W.O.W (Wasatch on Wednesdays) 2020

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As I'm staying at the GMD, a first bell meet up at Collins would be good. If the meet up is at the 'Bird, something like 10 would work for me. My preference for a lunch meeting place would be The Summit restaurant at the top of the tram.
Tomorrow will be an afternoon ski day for me. I’ll try to catch you for lunch but don’t think I’ll be up there before 1pm.
I’ll bring the beer for the end of day though

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Absent any published definitive meet up for tomorrow, I'll just say that my current plan is to get on Collins at or soon after 9:15 and ski Alta for the morning. Then I'll be getting lunch around 1:30 at the top of the tram and skiing Snowbird the remainder of the afternoon. If those plans sound interesting/coordinate-able to anyone, let’s exchange phone numbers tonight by PM.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Absent any published definitive meet up for tomorrow, I'll just say that my current plan is to get on Collins at or soon after 9:15 and ski Alta for the morning. Then I'll be getting lunch around 1:30 at the top of the tram and skiing Snowbird the remainder of the afternoon. If those plans sound interesting/coordinate-able to anyone, let’s exchange phone numbers tonight by PM.

I plan on being at Alta tomorrow, should be there in time for a 9:15 lift. I'll be leaving at 1pm to pick up people at the airport.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m going to go to Deer Valley for a half day of skiing today. If all goes as planned, I should be there by 1. If anyone wants to meet up for a few runs, let me know. I’ve never skied there!

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Wed, March 4: do we have anyone who wants to ski that day? It's easy for me to ski at Snowbird or Park City as I have passes for those two.

MarkP

Skier
Wed, March 4: do we have anyone who wants to ski that day? It's easy for me to ski at Snowbird or Park City as I have passes for those two.

I will be staying just outside the Cottonwood Canyons and skiing somewhere March 4 and 5 with a friend. We haven't decided where we'll go. I have the Ikon pass and I'm close to scoring 2 passes from a local division of the corporation for which I (still <sigh>) work. I've been told it covers all but 1 Utah resort; if so, Park City is a candidate since neither of us have skied it.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Brandt and I will be in for 3/4/2020. I’ll try to get gold passes to allow us to go anywhere. If they are unavailable we will be forced to ski Snowbird :)

P-Ute

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am ready to ski any resort.

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Starting to look like Mar 4 will be either Snowbird or Park City. MarkP might be determinator. :)

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Haven't received an update from @MarkP and it's getting late. Let's go with Snowbird tomorrow, Mar 4, 2020.
For those shooting for 9 AM, let's meet inside the lower part of Creekside lodge (Snowbird entry #1). There should be parking available at the nearby Gad lots at that time.
Roster looks like, me, @jmills115 and Brandt, @P-Ute, @John Webb , and maybe MarkP and friend. I believe everyone has a PM with my cell number. If you get held up or are planning a later arrival just send me a text and we can arrange a rendezvous on the mtn. Might hit Mineral Basin early. Sounds like it will be a beautiful day, sunny and high 38. I may wear a black jacket instead of my heavier green jacket.

Let me know if questions or suggestions.
Thanks, Jim

Last edited:

MarkP

Skier
I talked with Jim earlier. I was able to get 2 passes from my company's SLC office for Wednesday and will be using them at Park City since I've never skied there.

We will be heading to one of the Cottonwood Canyons resorts on Thursday on my Ikon Pass and friend/family discount. We're open to any of the 4 resorts (but Solitude at bottom of the list due to having to pay for parking).

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We will be skiing either Brighton or Solitude most likely on Wednesday the 18th. Rolling into BCC on the 14th and staying till the 21st with college racer grandkids and 4 old but game skiers.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm in SLC this week. The only day I'm not going to ski is Wednesday. Let me know if you want to ski another day. Any Ikon resort will do. Going to ski Brighton on Sunday 3/8.

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Going up to Snowbird for a couple hours this AM, but have to meet a plumber at 1130.
Pretty sure I am going to ski Solitude and Brighton this Thurs and Fri, but not sure which place on which day yet. Haven't decided if and where I will ski on Weds. Should get firmer plans soon.

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I am going to ski Snowbird for a while tomorrow, Wed, 3/11. Probably just the AM hours. Let me know if anyone will be up there.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
I will probably be at Snowbird at some point on Wed, but may start at Alta and see if they are going to open the Castle and do a couple of hikes. Today they opened Ballroom, Shoulder Traverse and Backside. I skied Backside and it was deep, but sun affected. I heard Ballroom and stuff past it was better, but it looked like even the rocky lines were being hit and traverse was very busy. Will try to post more in Utah resorts thread.

Sponsor

Staff online