• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Verizon Fios E-mail

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
So, I am just curious about how other users have fared with FIOS email over the past several weeks. My FIOS has been mostly unavailable for the past couple of weeks when using my everyday laptop. Fine on my I Phone, but who wants to type a long reply on the Phone ( ok, yeah I do use voice recognition, but still). Sometimes I can access email, but, I cannot create or respond to a message.

Verizon tells me Microsoft made a change to their browser, and, as they share info with Google Chrome, the result is that FIOS email is crashing. While they are working on the problem, tough s**t for the user. I can not believe this has not been made more public, they are doing a damn good job of keeping it quiet. They promise a fix by tonight. I've already gotten 1 billing credit, for sure I'll be back at them for more.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I have my email accounts added to MS Outlook on my home computers. I only use the IP provided web for email when I need to do something like reset a kid's password or add another email alias.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Mike, I'm glad you raised this question. I was doing fine until the last 3 days and I've been wondering what the heck happened. Strangely, I can't access verizon mail by my primary home laptop, but can with my smaller travel laptop at home. My wife has a smart phone and says she can look at it there. The primary home laptop is the one we pay some bills and often make purchases from, so it's a bit awkward that it is the one without email access. Hope the news of an imminent fix is correct. I might chat with my wife about a FIOS billing credit. She's pretty good at wrangling that stuff.

All our adult kids have long since gone to google mail and think we are dinosaurs to keep verizon:-o

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have an old verizon e-mail that I don't even know how to access any more but it is still attached to a couple of sites. I use either apple or google accounts now.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
My problem is fixed. I ate too many cookies.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I popped for my own domain and email hosting. I hate being tied to a provider. Sux to pay for hosting but with IMAP it works on generic mobile devices and I don't have to worry about dumping my provider for a better offer. YMMV..

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I popped for my own domain and email hosting. I hate being tied to a provider. Sux to pay for hosting but with IMAP it works on generic mobile devices and I don't have to worry about dumping my provider for a better offer. YMMV..

Funny ... in the last year, for a variety of reasons, I finally gave up on hosting my own email server in our house; switched to using my web host provider as my mail server since I'm paying them anyway; now the email still routes through the provider, but I have it getting picked up by my gmail account, which is what I use for most things these days, anyway. Gmail's labelling system just works so well for me; a "regular" email client now feels like it's missing something.

Sponsor