• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Vail - Transportation from Eagle/Uber or rental car?

KC_SKI

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I just booked a trip to Vail in early March. I'm wondering what our transportation options are in these times of Covid 19. The condo where we are staying has a shuttle to the ski area, so I don't need a rental car. Are Uber drivers getting back to business? (They aren't readily available where I live in NC as they were before covid). What are the car services that operate that route? Thank you in advance for any advice or recommendations? Anyone else going to be there March 2-10, I'm skiing solo and enjoy meeting and skiing with others.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
nobody knows for sure. I'd say check back early Feb 30days out and maybe things will be clearer then

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ubers and taxis are running. Buses are on restricted capacity.

From the title of your post it seems you are staying in Eagle, or are you flying into Eagle? You won't have issues getting a lift from the Eagle airport to Vail.
Mnnnn... maybe I should start a gypsy cab?
Capable Audi A4 with snow tires and Yakima roof box. Available for pickup from Eagle with transport to Eagle, Edwards, Avon, West Vail and Vail.

...but not Minturn. Gotta keep Minturn weird. Stay in touch. I'm local, know the area and assuming you are capable, I'll take you down the Mile for margaritas at the Saloon.

ahh, to think things might be normal in March.

Rich McP

H20nSnow Elsewhere
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My data is old, but make sure you understand what's available before you commit to EAG, it's not as well supported as DEN.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
We flew into EGE last year. Super easy as long as the weather holds (which of course it didn’t). Even though they fly large equipment in, it’s got some terrain to deal with. I have a recommendation to keep in your pocket for transportation- PM me. They were good, short notice drove us down to DEN. Assume they are still running. They drove us to the hill as well.

Sponsor

Staff online