• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah skier

hpSLC

Booting up
Skier
Hi I'm Helen, skiing about 25years. I learned on east coast ice in the Poconos hills, but I have been enjoying the Utah powder ever since I moved here in college!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hi I'm Helen, skiing about 25years. I learned on east coast ice in the Poconos hills, but I have been enjoying the Utah powder ever since I moved here in college!
Welcome Helen, we have a lot of people here who started skiing the Poconos and moved on to bigger mountains. Myself, @Andy Mink @Sibhusky @Brian Finch to name a few. Were you from the Poconos or just skied there?

TS
H

hpSLC

Booting up
Skier
Welcome Helen, we have a lot of people here who started skiing the Poconos and moved on to bigger mountains. Myself, @Andy Mink @Sibhusky @Brian Finch to name a few. Were you from the Poconos or just skied there?
I went to high school in northern New Jersey and Camelback was the closest resort. Good times! It was a little bit of a shock when I went skiing for the first time in Utah and I thought I knew how to ski, but it turned out I had no idea how to handle just a few inches of snow.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I went to high school in northern New Jersey and Camelback was the closest resort. Good times! It was a little bit of a shock when I went skiing for the first time in Utah and I thought I knew how to ski, but it turned out I had no idea how to handle just a few inches of snow.
Yes, when I moved here I said there was excess snow on the hill.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Welcome! I learned to ski at a later age and the Poconos were it until we started taking trips to NE. Blue and Jack Frost were our favorites for driving from the PA/DE state line, but now we are Killington regulars. We hardly ever got any fresh snow in PA so even Vermont powder threw us for a while! Did you ever ski NE?

TS
H

hpSLC

Booting up
Skier
Welcome! I learned to ski at a later age and the Poconos were it until we started taking trips to NE. Blue and Jack Frost were our favorites for driving from the PA/DE state line, but now we are Killington regulars. We hardly ever got any fresh snow in PA so even Vermont powder threw us for a while! Did you ever ski NE?
Yes, almost all manmade snow in the Poconos! My family took ONE trip to Vermont and I remember the mountains seemed intimidating coming from the Poconos, but it was a super fun trip.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yes, almost all manmade snow in the Poconos! My family took ONE trip to Vermont and I remember the mountains seemed intimidating coming from the Poconos, but it was a super fun trip.
My first trip was to Mount Snow, one of the smaller major VT resorts, but it looked enormous compared to the Poconos. Snowdance, a huge green cruiser, looked as intimidating to me as Superstar at Killington! But by my second trip to MS we were skiing the easier blacks off the backside North Face and having a lot of fun. As for trips out west, I have taken just ONE to Taos in NM to participate in the 2022 Mini-Gathering and ski week lessons.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
As for trips out west, I have taken just ONE to Taos in NM to participate in the 2022 Mini-Gathering and ski week lessons.
Oh my gosh... I didn't realize that was your only one. You should come out more often! Palisades this year is in early March, and leaves plenty of time to spring ski at Killington... If you show up, I'll buy the beer! :)

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Oh my gosh... I didn't realize that was your only one. You should come out more often! Palisades this year is in early March, and leaves plenty of time to spring ski at Killington... If you show up, I'll buy the beer! :)
Yes, I really want to return and bring Jane, but life circumstances interfere with our plans! We've been skiing the more difficult ungroomed terrain at Killington so we can try Kachina and such next time. This year I will visit Winter Park with my local ski buddies the week of March 17 as that was the time we could make work for everyone. That means no Taos or National Gathering or New England Gathering!

@hpSLC you should consider attending one of these Gatherings this year. While, maybe not the NEG...

Sponsor