• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Updated Factory Edge Angle list for 2021 models.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Does the Race Place not do a good job? I've had athletes buy skis through them in the past and have them do the initial setup, and it's usually been a pretty solid prep job.
(Sorry for drift)
They do a good job I'm sure, but "race skis" FIS type are not like consumer beer league skis as far as edge tuning goes.

Jacques

Skier
The Race Place has done a good job on my last 3 grinds. Bases were indeed flat - edge to edge. I know how to check.
So obviously, you must have asked for that. I have had a bit less, but bases are only so thick.
If you show up with a ski that has a lot of base bevel...........oh well.
I don't grind many skis, but when I have it's been them. The team has changed many times as the years have gone by.
I use all their BEAST tools and buy all my wax there.

Reactions: eok

eok

Slopefossil
Skier
So obviously, you must have asked for that. I have had a bit less, but bases are only so thick.
If you show up with a ski that has a lot of base bevel...........oh well.
I don't grind many skis, but when I have it's been them. The team has changed many times as the years have gone by.
I use all their BEAST tools and buy all my wax there.
I also appreciate how they support the racing programs here. That helped hook me as a customer. But the main reason is they do good work.

Jacques

Skier
I also appreciate how they support the racing programs here. That helped hook me as a customer. But the main reason is they do good work.
Yes, and that's a hard thing to find.

Sponsor