• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

U12 racing…front of ski gets squirrelly

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
Accomplished Western US U12 racer has an issue in SuperG.
Ski tips get loose and less controllable Even when forward pressuring outside ski etc. Seems to happen more with right ski than left but maybe that’s psychological. What is causing this lack of control? Not happening in GS or SL. SG skis same brand as others, but 10cm longer than the GS. (It’s a 180 SG junior ski) Not sure if we should move binding mount forward or something else. Coach hasn’t been able to identify a solution. Ran GS ski in last race just to experiment. Didn’t have the issue, seemed to sacrifice a lot in speed and time. Thoughts of things to try out? Body positions generally good, could always drive hips forward more, but not completely in the backseat.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
Sounds like something specific to that pair of skis like a faulty tune or base condition. But I assume you would have already looked into that...

TS
AlpsSkidad

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
Sounds like something specific to that pair of skis like a faulty tune or base condition. But I assume you would have already looked into that...
That’s what I was thinking, but they’ve been checked at the beginning of the season by my trusted shop, and I’ve maintained them religiously, so unless its something I can’t figure out…I suppose I should take them back to the shop to see if there is something they can figure out that I cannot…Not sure what else to look for on them from a tune perspective.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Seems to happen more with right ski than left but maybe that’s psychological. What is causing this lack of control?

I assume you tried swapping feet.

Is there a chance the skis have been pranged (bent back much more than usual) and thus not having proper design camber anymore?

Sponsor