• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold Tyrolia Attack 13 Demo Bindings--$99

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
...and the google knows everything and follows you everywhere - tempting all the time! Needless to say, I am VERY good at saving money!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
So tempted but given I just sold a pair of 97mm ones I guess I'll be good. I've Atomic FFG demo bindings on my Kenjas that I could pop these on but I don't mind those bindings. My Wild Bills already have Attacks on them. I'm picking up a pair of Z90s in the spring that'll need bindings..... Dammit. I guess I'll be good. I need a pouty foot stomping emoticon

]

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So tempted but given I just sold a pair of 97mm ones I guess I'll be good. I've Atomic FFG demo bindings on my Kenjas that I could pop these on but I don't mind those bindings. My Wild Bills already have Attacks on them. I'm picking up a pair of Z90s in the spring that'll need bindings..... Dammit. I guess I'll be good. I need a pouty foot stomping emoticon

]
These are so much better than those FFG's...less delta, a more solid interface and much MUCH lighter.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
These are so much better than those FFG's...less delta, a more solid interface and much MUCH lighter.
I don’t think they are lighter or lower than the FFG’s - especially on a demo binding. I have both bindings and the FFGs are super light and have a nice low delta. The two bindings are damn close in weight and stack.

ETA. without a doubt though the Attacks are a better binding.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Still got some bindings.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Phil, are the tracks the same between these demo bindings and a newer set? Because I could see the value of getting a pair of these just for the tracks, and swapping out the bindings between two different pairs of skis.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil, are the tracks the same between these demo bindings and a newer set? Because I could see the value of getting a pair of these just for the tracks, and swapping out the bindings between two different pairs of skis.
No, the 2017-18 are different tracks.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 32651

Betsy just shakes her head when the brown truck pulls into the driveway

She is like :doh:

I am like :yahoo:
Right.... So the wife being ever so pragmatic says to me.... I need an accounting of ALL your ski gear. To which I reply, It's all upstairs. No, she says, an actual accounting so that I can a) properly insure it and b) write off as much of it as legally possible. I've a stack of purchase/order histories printed out on my desk as I type this and the recurring thought is......damn I've spent a lot of money.......this should make for a great conversation once submitted......

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Right.... So the wife being ever so pragmatic says to me.... I need an accounting of ALL your ski gear. To which I reply, It's all upstairs. No, she says, an actual accounting so that I can a) properly insure it and b) write off as much of it as legally possible. I've a stack of purchase/order histories printed out on my desk as I type this and the recurring thought is......damn I've spent a lot of money.......this should make for a great conversation once submitted......

The chances of losing all of your equipment via fire or natural disaster is extremely small, the chance of your wife being pissed off if she knew the real value of your stuff is near 100%.

I would just lie and save yourself.

If disaster strikes, you can cry.

I would opt for the unlikely otherwise you will be dealing with an unhappy wife. And just remember, there is NO statue of limitations on things like this!!!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Every time I see a post like this. I think to myself, "Dude is doing it wrong. He should go and fix the root of the issue."

you got to get her hooked hard on skiing. It will fix these little issues real quick.

Mamie and I have a memorandum of understanding between us. I can buy as much hardware as I want so long I keep things reasonable. Like a ratio of 3 or 4 to 1 when it comes to our skis. It has been working pretty well for us so far. For her to have a pretty much open ended soft good budget also facilitated matter greatly. :D

Just have to figure out what is her hot button.

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Every time I see a post like this. I think to myself, "Dude is doing it wrong. He should go and fix the root of the issue."

you got to get her hooked hard on skiing. It will fix these little issues real quick.

Mamie and I have a memorandum of understanding between us. I can buy as hardware as I want so long I keep things reasonable. Like a ratio of 3 or 4 to 1 when it comes to our skis. It has been working pretty well for us so far. For her to have a pretty much open ended soft good budget also facilitated matter greatly. :D

Just have to figure out what is her hot button.
Key word: reasonable :roflmao: :beercheer::roflmao:

WheatKing

Ice coast carveaholic
Skier
My wife and I have an understanding.. She knows better than to question my skiing habit.. It might cut into her horse budget.. I'm hoping we get enough snow on the farm this year we can mix the two and I can start skijoring. Then I can put my skis against her horse budget.. it's win win or something like that.

Sponsor

Staff online