• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Trees

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
^^^Yer not gonna make us write on our photos are ya? Snow Summit, CA yesterday.
PXL_20240209_203812816.jpg
PXL_20240209_214710936.jpg
PXL_20240209_224211862.jpg

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Is the last photo of Tell Trees? The middle photo appears to have been taken from Lift 7.
Correct on lift 7.

The glade photo is from the little glade between Lower Totemoff and Maxie's. It's not marked on the trail map, but there is a sign at the entrance gate to it (which is what I'm looking back up toward in the pic). I can't remember the name, but it's considered a blue square glade.

It was the second trees I'd ever skied a few years ago, after lower Japanese Flag... we had gotten a bunch of new snow, and my morning class was first in there when it was untracked and boot deep. It was pretty darn memorable for me at the time, having never really skied trees, and very little in the way of untracked stuff.

scvaughn

Seeking altitude...
Skier
Correct on lift 7.

The glade photo is from the little glade between Lower Totemoff and Maxie's. It's not marked on the trail map, but there is a sign at the entrance gate to it (which is what I'm looking back up toward in the pic). I can't remember the name, but it's considered a blue square glade.

It was the second trees I'd ever skied a few years ago, after lower Japanese Flag... we had gotten a bunch of new snow, and my morning class was first in there when it was untracked and boot deep. It was pretty darn memorable for me at the time, having never really skied trees, and very little in the way of untracked stuff.
I believe the run is called "Arroyo Hano."

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Here are some native Vine Maples in winter, without the leaves you can see all the moss and some ferns growing on branches.

IMG_2653.jpeg

IMG_2654.jpeg
IMG_2655.jpeg
IMG_2657.jpeg
IMG_2658.jpeg
IMG_2659.jpeg
IMG_2656.jpeg

IMG_2653.jpeg

IMG_2654.jpeg
IMG_2655.jpeg
IMG_2657.jpeg
IMG_2658.jpeg
IMG_2659.jpeg
IMG_2656.jpeg

Here’s an unusual Alder, it was probably munched on by cows when this was a cleared pasture, so the Alder kept sprouting a new leader, so there’s five trunks now.

IMG_2660.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online