• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Time to demo: Head Monster 83/88, Fischer Curve GT 182

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
I have a few days to kill coming up and wanted to demo these 2 skis for fun. I keep hearing such good things about the new head 88 and 83 that they must be on my list. I have skied the Head Titan in a 177cm and it's an insane carver; one of the shops that has the monster 88 claims its just a wide titan but I cant see how.
The Fischer curv GT I have skied a few times in a 175 cm and it has grip for days but bounced me around in chop. It was recommened that I try the 182cm- Thats a huge ski for a guy 5'11 200 but I might just try it as that ski was not super hard to ski. Just looking for some feedback from anyone who has skied these bad boys. If the monster 83/88 skis anything like the Titan and still plows thru crud, I would be all over them. If the 182cm Curv GT skis better than the 175cm, then the monsters are off my list. I tend to like skis in the 76-80 under foot range. The last time I tried a ski 88 under foot , the experience 88, I had a good time but I didnt want to buy them the same day.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January