• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
Thinking of alternatives at this point. Season passes at Canaan Valley are $497 until 30 November:

https://www.canaanresort.com/ski-winter-activities/skiing-snowboarding/season-passes/

That’s a bit too premium much for me. Since I often ski midweek days as well as on weekends, I calculated that I would have to ski over 8 days to break even. I would rather divide my East Coast days between CV, Whitetail, and New England. Ugh. What are others thinking about doing? Flights to Boston are pretty reasonable during the winter with many resorts less than three hours from Logan.

Mook21

Booting up
Skier
Hi everyone. I am in Winchester and with Corridor H, T-Line is less then 2 hours door to door, so reallyhave been disappointed last few years with the conditions, or lack thereof there. Interesting that the Herz familybused to live here in Winchester and their kids went to a local school... used to get good scoops from them about the craziness at their family’s resort from them! Interesting family. When kids out in neighborhood, parents would sit in a lawn chair and watch from up on a hill and never come to interact with the neighbors. Then they moved to “Try and save their ski mountain.”

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Thinking of alternatives at this point. Season passes at Canaan Valley are $497 until 30 November:

https://www.canaanresort.com/ski-winter-activities/skiing-snowboarding/season-passes/

That’s a bit too premium much for me. Since I often ski midweek days as well as on weekends, I calculated that I would have to ski over 8 days to break even. I would rather divide my East Coast days between CV, Whitetail, and New England. Ugh. What are others thinking about doing? Flights to Boston are pretty reasonable during the winter with many resorts less than three hours from Logan.

To fully utilize the Canaan Valley connection folks could check out this link for discounts at Canaan Valley ski area: https://www.canaanresort.com/ski-winter-activities/skiing-snowboarding/ski-deals-promotions/

If you can ski on weekdays there are many opportunities (Food Bank Mondays, BOGO Tuesdays, WV Wednesdays, snowday Fridays, etc) to ski for about $15-20 per day at CVR.

For the New England connection, if you don't want to commit to IKON or Epic passes, you could still do Liftopia closer to actual visit dates or look into something like the New England ride and ski card for seeking discounts on an adhoc basis: https://www.rideandskine.com/buy-now/

RodneyBD

Hatfield made rain for L.A.
Skier

I am pulling for Blue Knob and the new ownership group. But they have been pretty cagey about their progress with snow making repairs (which was probably in terrible shape when they arrived).

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
The new group at BK has certainly said the right things. Hopefully they have deep enough pockets to catch up on the maintenance backlog. It is a strange quirk of fate that the 2 places within ~3 hours of DC with the best terrain have such, um, interesting circumstances.

@JohnL I don't think we can say any longer that "Blue Knob out-Timberlines Timberline"

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
score. maybe timeberline out- blueknobs blueknob ? which just does not sound decent.

ps. i still say it all went downhill when they widened whtie lighting which brought in huge bad karma.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
Received the attached update on the water issue today from our HOA.

Attachments

• Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 9:04:58 PM EST.pdf
    16.6 KB · Views: 42

The Colonel

Putting on skis
Skier
score. maybe timeberline out- blueknobs blueknob ? which just does not sound decent.

ps. i still say it all went downhill when they widened whtie lighting which brought in huge bad karma.
Looking back and calling it out does not help the immediate future

Swimski

Rough Edges
Skier
Swung by TLine base just now, appears there had been a good amount of activity around the maintenance shed, all the sleds were out, lots of wheel tracks, two weeks to the 30th....:ogcool:

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Was talking to one of the higher ups in the Southern Region Ski Patrol on Saturday. According to him the plans are to open on time and the staff and patrollers are all being notified.

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh yeah Patrol is on top of things at Timberline! Big doings on the 30th. There's a pig roast, big bonfire and i am pretty sure there will be fireworks.

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh yeah Patrol is on top of things at Timberline! Big doings on the 30th. There's a pig roast, big bonfire and i am pretty sure there will be fireworks.

Uh, I'm guessing that is sarcasm?

Sponsor

Staff online