• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Cotswolds Bike Tour

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Happened to be in London few days and have always wanted to see the English countryside. So we booked a bicycle tour of the Cotswolds. Hopped on a train at Paddington Station for an hour and a half ride out to Morton on Marsh. There we enjoyed a 6 hour 24 mile ride through impossibly cute country villages complete with many many thatched roof cottages and a stop for lunch at a 400 year old pub. The riding was rolling hills and long stretches along the spines of ridges. None of the climbs were super long and the riding was not overly strenuous. Pace was moderate as well and auto traffic was mostly very light.

Wonderful day and a great way to see the countryside and get a bit of exercise at the same time. It was jus Robin and I and one other couple on the tour. Our guide met us at the train station with bikes and we were off.

Mostly walking around London. They have rental bikes similar to NYC or Boston but pretty crazy traffic here and with everyone driving on the wrong side of the road.... well I'm just gonna walk.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Happened to be in London few days and have always wanted to see the English countryside. So we booked a bicycle tour of the Cotswolds. Hopped on a train at Paddington Station for an hour and a half ride out to Morton on Marsh. There we enjoyed a 6 hour 24 mile ride through impossibly cute country villages complete with many many thatched roof cottages and a stop for lunch at a 400 year old pub. The riding was rolling hills and long stretches along the spines of ridges. None of the climbs were super long and the riding was not overly strenuous. Pace was moderate as well and auto traffic was mostly very light.

Wonderful day and a great way to see the countryside and get a bit of exercise at the same time. It was jus Robin and I and one other couple on the tour. Our guide met us at the train station with bikes and we were off.

Mostly walking around London. They have rental bikes similar to NYC or Boston but pretty crazy traffic here and with everyone driving on the wrong side of the road.... well I'm just gonna walk.

:useless:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That sounds really nice.
I always hear of people going to the usual places while in England but this is the first I've heard about Costwolds. You made me look it up. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsor

Staff online