• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Teens Rescue Boy Dangling From Chairlift

Slasher

Getting on the lift
Skier
We've had very little snowfall in the area lately -- skiing surfaces are quite firm. Plus, as admirable as those teenaged heroes were, they were holding that section of orange fence with very little tension, I doubt that it did much to break the kid's fall. The fact that the kid escaped any injury is probably due to a) the fall height was pretty low (3 body lengths), b) the yellow crash pad cushioned the fall JUST enough, and c) 8-year-old bodies are pretty resilient (soft bones, low mass).

As for liftees, frickin' useless. Nothing new though ... par for the course. Luckily there was the instructor (blue jacket with faint white spot, i.e. nametag, on right breast) to place the yellow crash pad.

Last edited:

Slasher

Getting on the lift
Skier
upload_2019-3-1_0-13-46.png

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
When I originally read the article up here I was picturing b or c net....not the orange spec fence.

Even more impressive no injury as that cheese grater fence doesn’t give.

Some quick thinking by the boys is impressive of course. Well done.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Glad to read the boys are being rewarded. Thinking on their feet, not panicking, resourcefulness, teamwork ... admirable, especially given their ages.

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Ski Patrol?

The netting did help save injury but only because of quick thinking humans.
Someone above actually said something stupid about not being too high and young bodies can take it
Drop your 8 year old from half that height

Sponsor

Staff online