• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tectons binding ramp

Sidewinder

Booting up
Skier
Happy New Year all
Posting in this forum to hopefully get some input from the boot experts. I have a set of Tecton 12’s mounted to a pair of Salomon MTN 95’s. Finding myself in the backseat a lot with them, and a friend who has the same boot/size as me tried them today and said the same - feeling backseat and very sore quads. Half way through the day I switched to my Soul 7’s /Guardians and quads were very happy, as well as I was skiing better. I realize they are different skis, but my friend also uses MTN 95’s with Guardians and said there was something definitely “off” with mine.
There are 2 issues: the shop mounted the Tectons a full inch forward of the recommended line, which they acknowledged as their mistake and are willing to remount. Secondly, the Guardians are 3-4mm higher in the heel than the Tectons.
I am wondering if these can/should be shimmed at the heel to give the same ramp angle as the Guardians, or if they should first be remounted on the line, or perhaps both.
Sorry for the long winded post folks but I would love to hear any advice or similar experiences. I can move this to a different forum if necessary but I know boot fitters are very knowledgeable about stance be it from boots or bindings.
Boots are Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD.
Thank you so much,
Jeff

Last edited:

KTN

Booting up
Skier
Check out Lou Dawson's ski blog...somewhere there I saw a chart of various touring binding toe and heel heights and I think ramp angles too. That may help your calculus.
Kevin

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January