• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well if you ski with your eyes closed, of course it's going to be scary.

You weren't there. I think it was worse seeing all that air between me and the valley. Stupid steep.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Aw c'mon. St. B barely hits 45 degrees. :D

It's not barely hitting 45 degree that worries a falling skier in there. It's barely not hitting the trees and rocks in the chute that create the puckering sound.

Last edited:
TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It's not barely hitting 45 degree that worries a falling skier in there. It's barely not hitting the trees and rocks in the chute that create the puckering sound.

Well let's see... it's really steep, it's a chute, it's got trees, and rocks.... I don't think I have to worry about it, because I won't be skiing it. (At least, not this season! Maybe one day...)

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well let's see... it's really steep, it's a chute, it's got trees, and rocks.... I don't think I have to worry about it, because I won't be skiing it. (At least, not this season! Maybe one day...)

Have to give you credit. You are way smarter than you look. :cool:

Your skiing has came a long way since your first week with Christine. Your looked really good at the end of the Taos week last season.
Missed skiing with you at Big Sky. Have to change that for Jackson this season.

@Pumba @Sandy_NYC @MegKan @Weegie McAdams @Near Nyquist all experienced dramatic break through in their steep and bump skiing after the Taos week. I think you are poised for one this season. But you have find that smile from within first. :beercheer:

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
King G always talks favorably about Taos ski week. If you are not careful, and the timing works, I may have to find out if they can teach an old dog new tricks.

Grumpy Cat Woof.jpg

theNitza

Justin
Skier
After hearing so many good things about Ski Week at the Big Sky gathering, sign me up as interested. My vote would be for February 1st - February 8th, though, as I can't make the week before.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
On my annual outer banks beach trip, so time to make skiing plans. Spent the day body surfing - Just like skiing - Mother Nature pushing you around, just less equipment... (and more dolphins)

I'm definitely in. Think the last week Jan is preferable, but either works. And trying to talk others into joining. Think @BillSavage has plans for first week of February.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
On my annual outer banks beach trip, so time to make skiing plans. Spent the day body surfing - Just like skiing - Mother Nature pushing you around, just less equipment... (and more dolphins)

I'm definitely in. Think the last week Jan is preferable, but either works. And trying to talk others into joining. Think @BillSavage has plans for first week of February.
I hope you are planning not to have a cold this year.
:ogcool:

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I’m down here now too in Corolla.....doing the exact same thing....lol.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I count mostly votes for late Jan., with less for Feb. So I'm gonna call it...

January 25th - February 1st, 2020 is it!

That would mean the ski week, if you choose to do one, would start on the 26th, and finish on the 31st. Hope to see lots of folks there! Gathering snow and powder days will be in effect! ;)

Sponsor

Staff online