• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jimski

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For the group list, I am 2/2 - 2/8, although I'll ski on 2/8.*

* I'll depart from Taos late afternoon on 2/8 after skiing that day, and will spend the night of 2/8 in an airport hotel near ABQ so I can catch a morning flight home on 2/9.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@KingGrump , your dates have been approved and will actually be there?

Yes. those are the actual days we'll be skiing. All approved and signed off by management.
We'll be in Aspen with my niece during the prior week so we have to accommodate her schedule. .
Will be rolling into Taos on 2/3. Skiing on Monday.

Edit: Why, are you coming?

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
For the group list, I am 2/2 - 2/8, although I'll ski on 2/8.*

* I'll depart from Taos late afternoon on 2/8 after skiing that day, and will spend the night of 2/8 in an airport hotel near ABQ so I can catch a morning flight home on 2/9.

Good plan. :thumb:

The first TSV/ABQ in the morning is 7:00 am. Tight for a morning flight.

Jimski

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last edited by a moderator:

Jimski

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks! Yes, I'll be doing ski week. Regarding lodging, where is the center of gravity for the gathering, at the resort or down in the town of Taos?

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I think most are in the town of Taos rather than up on the hill.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
There are a few of us up on the hill though too... either works.

Jimski

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've found a couple of flight itineraries that work with the schedule for the Taos airport shuttle, so I wouldn't need a rental car just to get to/from TSV. Those of you who've skied Taos before, how needed/useful is it to have a car while there?

In past family ski trips, I've found that the need for a car varies widely depending on the resort. At Stowe and Jackson Hole, for example, we used the car almost every day. By contrast, the last time we were at Snowmass, we drove to the resort from Denver airport, didn't touch the car all week, and then drove it back to the airport. Could have taken the shuttle and saved money.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
A lot depends on where you are staying and what do you want to do while you are there.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
There are a bunch of hotel/motels on the Mt Road. 1-5 miles from the lifts. Some have their own shuttle buses..
The Mt is about 25min from "town" you take a. Narrow winding often snowy road up to the Mt.. At the Mt there some condos and hotels and there are a few restaurants but not like Snowmass Here's a map I found , you can see the Ski Area up in the top Right Corner. There are some Excellent Restaurants in Arroyo Seco and in Taos car would be needed, I think it's pretty rural.

this site has more info https://taos.org/ Here's the Getting around Link https://taos.org/plan-your-trip/getting-around/
Taos-Map-June19-4-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
To expand on that a little... if you're staying at the resort and are willing to eat meals in the few restaurants (maybe 6 or 7?) then you don't need a car at all. If you will want to drive down to town, for dinner or groceries, then you'll need a car (there's only a very small, pricey market in the base village).

Brock Tice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hey all, after a horrible season at TSV last year I am checking back in, looks like it will be a good one. I would like to join you all for this.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Last time I was at Snowmass, We drove into the parking lot and didn't move it until the day we left.
Almost the same experience the previous visit and stayed in the town of Aspen. Took it out for grocery one day.
Aspen is known for their public transit.

Jackson, their bus system is pretty good.

Taos, if you stay in the town of Taos - definitely a yes to a car. They have shuttles to the ski valley, but they are on NM schedule. Not my cup of tea.
If you are staying in the base village, dining options are very limited without a car.
Staying in the Amizette section of the TSv? The best description would between & betwixt. Will need a car to avoid that trapped feeling.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ok, I have been lurking since the thread started and am extremely tentatively putting my hat in. Still trying to figure out some of those pesky details to see if it can happen. It would be me and family.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok, I have been lurking since the thread started and am extremely tentatively putting my hat in. Still trying to figure out some of those pesky details to see if it can happen. It would be me and family.

Let us know or add yourself to the roll once you figure it out! :)

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey all, after a horrible season at TSV last year I am checking back in, looks like it will be a good one. I would like to join you all for this.

Hi Brock, good to see you back. Looking forward to making a few turns with you. :beercheer::useless:

Sponsor

Staff online