• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico Taos 2024, A lot of gravity!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@dbostedo you skied well this week. It is "job satisfaction" to see how far you've come since we have been skiing together.
Rick, its great to see you here. We hear nothing but good stuff about you and our gang.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for this outstanding write-up, Dave. Looking forward to skiing (and eating and drinking) with you guys again soon.

Speaking of... any notable local brews that were enjoyed during the week?

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Not local, but everywhere seems to carry Mass Ascension from Ex Novo. It was the first time I had seen or tried it -- very much an old fashioned west coast IPA. Which is a good thing since I don't like the modern IPA styles.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
There are some good things at Taos Mesa Brewing. I really liked the gose (if you like that sort of thing) I had, but don't remember what it was called. (They have the Taproom restaurant in town, and the "Mothership" just out of town where the actual brewery is. If you want to go, make sure you're looking at the right one - their webpages aren't great and the days they're open vary.)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
If you want to go science geek about gravity, wouldn't Taos have slightly less than the exact same elevation and pitch of another place farther north/closer to the poles due to the earth's rotational effects? Back in the gold rush days they had legit issues with gold weighing slightly more farther north, closer to the north pole than closer to the equator.

:duck:

Sweet skiing though..

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There are some good things at Taos Mesa Brewing. I really liked the gose (if you like that sort of thing) I had, but don't remember what it was called. (They have the Taproom restaurant in town, and the "Mothership" just out of town where the actual brewery is. If you want to go, make sure you're looking at the right one - their webpages aren't great and the days they're open vary.)

We did stop in at the "mothership" on a summer visit about 10 years back. Cool building and a neat looking outdoor space for concerts and events! Can't remember what I might have tasted though.

Sponsor