• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sync Jackets

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've been seeing Sync ads popping up on pugski, so I took a look at their site again and am intrigued by their product line and technology.
The Women's Shelter Parka, in particular - and its at a 499.00 price point!!!

Has anyone had experience with Sync's insulated jackets? @SBrown @SkiNurse and I tried them on at SIA last year, but haven't spent time on snow with them.
Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 7.22.01 AM.png

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, I really liked the fit/feel of the jackets at SIA.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Sync is pretty unique in terms of it's ownership. There are owned by race fanatics, and my hunch is that the bottom line of the venture is not that critical. More about the products. They have reached deep into the race community. Lots of clubs, and individuals. Lots of coaches.
In my experience, they are committed to building very good products, and will improve and refine as needed.

It seems like when the current guys took over, and rebranded, they may have put a couple of products out there a bit fast. Assume that's not the case now. The suits are very nice. I know that the early generation stretch down had some durability issues, but that SYNC was right there to replace them with better versions.

I like the fact that they seem to have relatively few products......and evidently good ones.

I would not be surprised to see the USST in their stuff once the Spyder contract is up. Not would I be surprised to see Spyder do anything to keep the deal!

The shelter parka is nice.

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
I would not be surprised to see the USST in their stuff once the Spyder contract is up. Not would I be surprised to see Spyder do anything to keep the deal!

Why, what's the story?

Not that I am a fashionista but the uniforms have been getting uglier. For some reason most of the teams went back to grey and blue which look lousy on TV. While the brighter neon colors were probably impractical for retail sales, they certainly photographed better.

The fur colors make all the women look old. Fugly trend!

Muleski

Inactive
Why, what's the story?

Not that I am a fashionista but the uniforms have been getting uglier. For some reason most of the teams went back to grey and blue which look lousy on TV. While the brighter neon colors were probably impractical for retail sales, they certainly photographed better.

The fur colors make all the women look old. Fugly trend!

Muleski

Inactive
I am on no position to critique some of the team suits, and uniforms, in terms of colors. Glad to see Norway back in blue. Sort of odd not to see Austria in the traditional red, as the bulk of the color. Yeah, French and Italian in gray do little for me. But then again, I have no idea how they test in a wind tunnel. I like the Swiss suits. USST are sort of all over the place. Women's bright pink and white, I like.

I hadn't really thought about them on video or TV. Though anything neon would have been good on today's fog!! HaHa.

As far as the USST, just have a hunch. There is a great deal with I just can't throw out on even THIS, my favorite, forum. If I'm told a thing or two, it just won't show up here. I can say they want to build the best WC level suits made. I would bet on that.

The owners of SYNC are about as "fully invested" in the ski racing world as anybody in this country. Maybe the world....other that Johan Eliasch of Head. Love the sport, and are committed to building the best suits made in the world.....aka, the fastest. If that happens, my hunch is that we might see the USST, and CAST in them. Of course, with the USST, that would mean outbidding Spyder. Spyder let the CAST deal go, before that let Austria go 10 or so years ago. If SYNC and Spyder fight for it, could help the USST!

Main point is that I think SYNC is committed to quality, rather than margins. Again, a hunch.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sync is pretty unique in terms of it's ownership. There are owned by race fanatics, and my hunch is that the bottom line of the venture is not that critical. More about the products. They have reached deep into the race community. Lots of clubs, and individuals. Lots of coaches.
In my experience, they are committed to building very good products, and will improve and refine as needed.

It seems like when the current guys took over, and rebranded, they may have put a couple of products out there a bit fast. Assume that's not the case now. The suits are very nice. I know that the early generation stretch down had some durability issues, but that SYNC was right there to replace them with better versions.

I like the fact that they seem to have relatively few products......and evidently good ones.

The shelter parka is nice.
When we talked to them at SIA, we worked with them to get @UGASkiDawg some product for his daughters to do some writing about them both from a parent and young racer perspective. IIRC the connect was dropped somewhere along the way because everyone got busy.
Hopefully we can make it happen this year. I know David's girls will do a good job of writing about them.

Muleski

Inactive
That would be nice. They have a lot of kids that they sponsor in various ways. Some product, some scholarship. Website has a lot of info. A lot of their athletes are pretty exceptional. USST system, NTG, etc. Actually the number of athletes is pretty astounding.

Incredibly supportive of ski racing. They make some nice products. Packs are great, for example.

This brand is all about ski RACING.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That would be nice. They have a lot of kids that they sponsor in various ways. Some product, some scholarship. Website has a lot of info. A lot of their athletes are pretty exceptional. USST system, NTG, etc. Actually the number of athletes is pretty astounding.

Incredibly supportive of ski racing. They make some nice products. Packs are great, for example.

This brand is all about ski RACING.
That is clear when you take a look at their site and talk to them in person. A couple of their guys joined the site last year.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I couple of athletes I coached are on their Sync Junior Team America. I'll see if I can connect with them in Steamboat next month.

Sponsor

Staff online