• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Swix Pro Racing Diamond Stones vs Moonflex Diamond Stones

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Has anyone used both? How do they compare in terms of effectiveness and longevity? Does the flexible backing of the moonflex stones cause an issue while tuning?

These are the ones I'm referring to:
https://www.tognar.com/swix-pro-racing-diamond-stones/
https://www.tognar.com/moonflex-diamond-stones-100mm/

They are both good. One needs to work hard to "flex" them. When base beveling or deburring the pressure from fingers is directly over the edge so not trying to flex the stone.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have both. The moonflex feels more aggressive in cutting.
I like the feel of the moonflex better. It has a softer feel. The aluminum plate on the Swix transmits a lot of shcck.
Durability wise, unless you are tuning skis commercially or using it wrong. It would be tough to wear out a diamond stone.

Jason Kurth

Putting on skis
Skier
meaning to get some better diamond stones. how much improvement are either over basic DMT stones?

Jason Kurth

Putting on skis
Skier
Cool ended up ordering a set of 4 100mm swix since I have expertvoice discount for them. Will use smaller dmt for adjustable edge guide.

Also a trick some people may not know. Get a belt sander cleaning block. The dmt stones clog easily and you just rub the stones on the cleaning block to get them fresh and ungumed up.

TS
speedster

speedster

Putting on skis
Skier
Cool ended up ordering a set of 4 100mm swix since I have expertvoice discount for them. Will use smaller dmt for adjustable edge guide.

Also a trick some people may not know. Get a belt sander cleaning block. The dmt stones clog easily and you just rub the stones on the cleaning block to get them fresh and ungumed up.

Thanks for the tip!

Sponsor

Staff online