• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Swiss skier

pinger

Booting up
Skier
Hi all

I’m a new member of the forum, based between Geneva and Zurich, Switzerland. I’m in my mid 40s. Learned to ski as a child in the Andes, in Chile, where my family was based at the time.

Didn’t ski so much as a teen then picked it up again in my mid 20s. These days I ski mostly in Switzerland (Villars, Engelberg), France (Morzine, Avoriaz, Chamonix) and sometimes Japan (Nozawa). I consider myself an advanced intermediate. I ski almost exclusively on piste. I’m very much at ease in red runs and can do blacks but consider them a bit too much hard work to really enjoy them. I had an accident last year unrelated to ski but broke 3 ribs and messed up my knee. I find that it’s made me more careful also in ski.

I signed up as my equipment is showing its age (Salomon x-wing 6 that I bought back in 2006/7) and as I was researching what to go for I came across this forum where people seem both knowledgeable and civil!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
@pinger Welcome to the party.
Sounds like you folks in the Alps are getting the goods this winter.
We love pictures around here; hint, hint.

Sponsor

Staff online