• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta Sun valley in March?

Codger

Booting up
Skier
due to a change of plans I am now considering 4 days at sun valley in the second week of March. I realize every year is different but if someone is familiar with the average conditions in March I’d appreciate the information. Has it been winter or spring conditions? Thanks

Nathanvg

Out on the slopes
Skier
Could be either, maybe 70% chance of winter. It will be fun either way. Enjoy

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
More winter than spring, but YMMV

We have been short of snow this season, but are rapidly catching up. 29" last 24 hours.

Kyle

Out on the slopes
Skier
Could be either, maybe 70% chance of winter. It will be fun either way. Enjoy

Agreed. We were there in mid march last year and it was definitely winter.

Also, Sun Valley has a lot of north facing terrain that better preserves the snow even when it is warm.

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Does anyone know what the walk up rate is at SV? Its not on their website. I have a 2:1 but might not be economical to go with a $189 ticket.

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Does anyone know what the walk up rate is at SV? Its not on their website. I have a 2:1 but might not be economical to go with a $189 ticket.

Varies with time of year. Recently has been $155 adults, $105 seniors. Won't be any higher in March.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
It has been dumping pretty good up there and winter storm warnings for the next few days. The base is getting pretty darned good right now.

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Thanks, I'm assuming most people would already have a pass or online ticket. Is one of the lodges better in terms of finding a walk up daytripper to share a 2:1?

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Last there 3 weeks ago. They have a go to the lifts program that is tied to a credit card. As a Senior it was $90 for the day. You can pick those up at the ticket office in either day lodge or over at the SV Resort.

Kyle

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks, I'm assuming most people would already have a pass or online ticket. Is one of the lodges better in terms of finding a walk up daytripper to share a 2:1?

I would definitely go to the River Run base. There are almost always people buying tickets there during the usual times.

Sponsor