• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Street Art. But not Graffiti

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wherever I go I love to look at street art. Show us what you’ve got. And tell us where it is
These three are in London
59BC66DC-76EC-42A7-B536-D5365FEA0545.jpeg
E179E700-1290-4D58-A574-0A6AC06ADD43.jpeg
5148D835-F77D-4B9C-8FFE-BA8997DA0CF6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Heidelberg Project in Detroit.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
As long as they had permission from the property owner I have no problem with that art. If no permission, it's still vandalism no matter how beautiful. Those are very cool. Reno has a program or allows the power boxes to be painted. It has been shown that a "canvas" that has art on it is significantly less likely to be tagged.

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
When I think of graffiti, I think of a particular art form. Yes, on a wall in a publicly visible space.

But the reverse isn't true. Not all wall mural are in that style.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I know I linked it in the other thread but Exit through the Gift Shop is a very meta documentary/mockumentary (Sundance lauded) on street art. It is still a question whether Mr. Brainwash is himself an artistic concept created by Banksy just as there is an open question as to whether Banksy remains a single person

I totally understand the position that all non commisioned or authorised work is just vandalism but given the commercial forces who have free rein to assault our vision in urban environments I find it easier to accept the contention that things are still valid as art even if ephemeral and a bit of a nuisance. At least if it has wit, passion or creativity. Basic tagging which is where we came in not so much.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Beatrix Potter ( she of the rabbits) inside one of Wordsworth's many patronage homes

OK an indoor mural but the artist is still working on it with an incredibly fine brush. He said it's his biggest piece.
IMG-20220615-WA0000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor

Staff online