• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stockli 20/21

hnefi

Booting up
Skier
LOVE that new graphic on the AX and the SR88. Comparing both to last year, it looks like the SR88 officially got longer tail rocker and same for the AX.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
LOVE that new graphic on the AX and the SR88. Comparing both to last year, it looks like the SR88 officially got longer tail rocker and same for the AX.
Funny as I like the current AX graphic.
B4820D70-7FC0-49F0-ABCB-0E0ACFD8A7EB.jpeg

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ me too, I am less of a fan of the new hexagon topsheets on the AX and SX, nor do I like the cross-hatch on the SR88. I really like the new Edge 88 topsheet. The Nelas look good too.

Last edited:

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This thread confuses me (nothing new :ogbiggrin:), in that back in the first week of February, at SIA, they had at least most of these 20/21 skis for the demo, and when I looked online for the specs of the ones I'd tried and ones I was most interested in at that moment, the same specs were present, at least from my notes. (Laser AX, AR, WRT ST with two different binding setups, SR 95.) The specs of the SX may have changed online, though.

I believe I was told the 20/21 AX was unchanged except for graphics, but I could be wrong.

I didn't ski the SR 88 because they only had it in the shorter 175, not the 184, but was told it was unchanged also - again, except for graphics, I believe. Same with the SR 95.

And I may have just assumed that the WRT ST was unchanged, not sure.

I'm probably missing something or more than one something, so please correct or enlighten me here, if possible. ogsmile

TS
S

smv

Booting up
Skier
Hi, not an expert on Stocklis and not knowing what was presented at SIA. Just by looking at the specs it seems that the AX has not changed in shape/sizes, only on construction (60g less weight) as I read on another thread. SX changes in sizes (170, 177, 184 out. 173, 181 in). Same with the MX, it increases in sizes.. don’t know if anything changes Internally, I assume though. The CX remains the same in sizes, again no info on internal construction. Also,there is no mention on the new 182 size of WRT ST. One thing I also noticed is that “Base material” is mentioned now as “Racing Graphite”, something that was not shown previously but I believe it was used as base material on all Lasers. I assume marketing must have dictated to emphasize the differentiation points wrt other brands. In other news, Stockli will launch online purchasing by May, aiming at 80K pairs per annum sales. (currently at 60K). The current website looks structured to accommodate future online sales, in their effort to increase revenues and move from an exclusive producer selling only through channel and limited distributors to a specialized manufacturer with easy access to the ski community.

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Stöckli really needs more dealers offering demo skis. I've let 7 people try my AXs and 4 bought them.

"I believe I was told the 20/21 AX was unchanged" The Turtle Shell s-cut in the top aluminum layer is gone, I think. I think the 20/21 changes are even more minor than the 18/19 changes.

Last edited:

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Stöckli really needs more dealers offering demo skis. I've let 7 people try my AXs and 4 bought them.
Totally agree. I want to buy some Stöckli skis but I am not willing to drop that kind of money without trying them. The only dealer in Oregon won’t demo. I tried to demo some at the gathering but the size/model I wanted to try were rented out for the days I was there.

hnefi

Booting up
Skier
This thread confuses me (nothing new :ogbiggrin:), in that back in the first week of February, at SIA, they had at least most of these 20/21 skis for the demo, and when I looked online for the specs of the ones I'd tried and ones I was most interested in at that moment, the same specs were present, at least from my notes. (Laser AX, AR, WRT ST with two different binding setups, SR 95.) The specs of the SX may have changed online, though.

I believe I was told the 20/21 AX was unchanged except for graphics, but I could be wrong.

I didn't ski the SR 88 because they only had it in the shorter 175, not the 184, but was told it was unchanged also - again, except for graphics, I believe. Same with the SR 95.

I'm probably missing something or more than one something, so please correct or enlighten me here, if possible. ogsmile
I don't want to be spreading fake news so apologize if what I wrote was confusing or incorrect. I posted this because the updated website lists Tail Rocker as a feature of both the AX and SR88, whereas last year that was not listed on the website. Just confirmed this through the Wayback Machine:

That could perhaps be a change in just the marketing rather than to the ski itself? If it is just marketing then I stand corrected, will edit my initial post too. I realize I am a complete rookie compared to most of the pros here. :)

I'm going to pick up a clearance pair of AX's from an official dealer here in Switzerland (they are blowing out last year's) so I will ask them today when I go there and update you all!

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
There are no changes in the physical dimensions or rocker line of the AX. It's only a weight reduction of 60g per ski due to a change in the edges.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I bought 70-80% of all demoskis stored lent me for a day. demo is important, especially for $$ products.

Aimée

Booting up
Skier

"I believe I was told the 20/21 AX was unchanged" The Turtle Shell s-cut in the top aluminum layer is gone, I think. I think the 20/21 changes are even more minor than the 18/19 changes.

You are so generous! My spouse wants to try my Stocklis but I say “hell no! Hands off my skis!”

hnefi

Booting up
Skier

There are no changes in the physical dimensions or rocker line of the AX. It's only a weight reduction of 60g per ski due to a change in the edges.

Spoke to the employees at the shop here in Switzerland yesterday when picking up my 18/19 AX's, and they confirmed no changes at all to the dimensions.

Thanks for correcting me, i'll edit my first post.

Lilia

Putting on skis
Skier
The womens Laser MX is completely new though. New dimensions and lengths. Wonder if anyone demoes them and posts a review.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey Folks, head over to the Brands sub-forum as Stockli rep @LindseyB is a massive fountain of Stockli knowledge and replies there frequently

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer

Hey Otter,

The AX is lighter by 120 grams per pair by adopting the edges of the Stormrider series.

The 88 is reshaped and shorter by 2cm per length. Less rocker. Same layup.

WRT-ST added CSCtech from the Viktoria Rebensburg's skis.

The SR95 is a carry over to next season.

The SX is a new design and a different size run.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thanks, @LindseyB. Apologies for my confusion.

What is CSCtech? (Whatever it was, it worked.)

Also, what two bindings and plates were on those two WRT-ST versions? Were they two of the three listed with the WRT-ST on the Stockli website? (SRT12 bindings with SRT Speed plate; WRT 16FF with WRTr Speed plate); or the third option, SRT12 with SRT Carbon plate?

And last, do shops (including the Evergreen one nearest me) that may carry this probably limited edition ski, the WRT-ST 172, have access to sell either of these binding/plate setups, including the race version with a rubber dampening layer - between the plate and binding, probably?

These skis were in such a class of their own that I find myself thinking of both possibilities, but especially the more race ski setup. Thanks in advance.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
CSC is Carbon Steering Control. Laminated to the top front portion of metal is a strip of carbon that will allow the ski to flex upward and bend in a turn, but not bow downward. This causes less chatter.

The SRT12 was the red binding.

The WRT 12/16 was the black binding.

the ski can be ordered with either binding.

flbufl

Getting on the lift
Skier
I would guess you'd be better call your shop to order it for you. Probably call them now for the 20-21 skis, since I don't think Stockli will make many pairs of this model.

Thanks, @LindseyB. Apologies for my confusion.

What is CSCtech? (Whatever it was, it worked.)

Also, what two bindings and plates were on those two WRT-ST versions? Were they two of the three listed with the WRT-ST on the Stockli website? (SRT12 bindings with SRT Speed plate; WRT 16FF with WRTr Speed plate); or the third option, SRT12 with SRT Carbon plate?

And last, do shops (including the Evergreen one nearest me) that may carry this probably limited edition ski, the WRT-ST 172, have access to sell either of these binding/plate setups, including the race version with a rubber dampening layer - between the plate and binding, probably?

These skis were in such a class of their own that I find myself thinking of both possibilities, but especially the more race ski setup. Thanks in advance.

vilu

Booting up
Skier
@LindseyB Hi Lindsay
Edge 88 changed a lot. Shorter length and bigger radius. Do you know the reasons for these changes?
Thanks.

Sponsor

Staff online