• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Still skiing after all these years....

WJR3

Booting up
Skier
I started skiing at the age of 13 and got my first job in a ski shop at 15. Stayed in the business for about 14 years before moving on to other pursuits. Still skiing at 72, living in the Denver area. Looking forward to reading reviews, comments, and general "ski talk". Was drawn to the site by the video on Salomon SX boots as I still own 2 pair that I retired only last year!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I still own 2 pair that I retired only last year!
Welcome @WJR3 !

What boot did you move to from the SX?

You also might be interested in this seasonal thread if you haven't found it yet:

Castle Dave

Getting off the lift
Skier
I will hit 75 in November and discovered many resorts have Super Senior passes for 75+. Some are free or minimal cost. For example Whitewater is $30 for a seasons pass and Whistler also has a 75+ pass. Something else to look forward to.

TS
W

WJR3

Booting up
Skier
Welcome @WJR3 !

What boot did you move to from the SX?

You also might be interested in this seasonal thread if you haven't found it yet:

Bought a pair of the new Nordica HF series boots. Haven't skied them yet but the fit seems very similar to my Salomon's. Figured I still know enough about fitting ski boots that I can play with them a bit if there are any problems.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome, I am glad you found the article fun and informative enough to join the community.
Bought a pair of the new Nordica HF series boots. Haven't skied them yet but the fit seems very similar to my Salomon's. Figured I still know enough about fitting ski boots that I can play with them a bit if there are any problems.
The HF is the natural progression from the Salomon.

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
I will hit 75 in November and discovered many resorts have Super Senior passes for 75+. Some are free or minimal cost. For example Whitewater is $30 for a seasons pass and Whistler also has a 75+ pass. Something else to look forward to.
My dad is 70+. He has steeply discounted passes at Montage and Blue (Poconos) and skis almost every day of the week. Takes a few runs in the morning and that's that. I definitely want to be like him when I get there.

Snowplow Skip

Booting up
Skier
I started skiing at the age of 13 and got my first job in a ski shop at 15. Stayed in the business for about 14 years before moving on to other pursuits. Still skiing at 72, living in the Denver area. Looking forward to reading reviews, comments, and general "ski talk". Was drawn to the site by the video on Salomon SX boots as I still own 2 pair that I retired only last year!
I ski with a couple of buddies who are 80, ski smooth and fast. I always like to hear of folks up to15 years older than me still skiing!

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I started at 13 also and still going, although a little slower and shorter days, at 76.

Had some mid-level SX boots also.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Welcome to the land of the old and the home of the gray.
I started skiing at 5 in 56. Just another

recycled teenager. This place is crawling with them.

Sponsor

Staff online