• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Still navigating from the lodge, to the parking lot, and now booting up, I guess?

TahoeJoe

Getting on the lift
Skier
Hello, all skiers and other snow sliders. I’m Joe, a west coast transplant in the great northeast. I’m an avid Skier and have actually just made a triumphant return to the mountains. I was out for 6 1/2 years due to a very bad knee and a reluctant orthopedic surgeon. I finally got the new knee I was begging for, in February of 2021. Since then I have bought 7 pairs of skis for myself, three for my intrepid wife, and a pair for my daughter. They think, (know) I’m crazy about skiing. I grew up a good portion of my life in Lake Tahoe, NV. The other unfortunate portion was in the south Bay Area, CA. I then took a gap, 5 years back in Tahoe and 2 more in Utah. Then East, then back to Tahoe, then back East Again!
I‘m glad to have found, stumbled upon this page/site/forum. I would love to become more involved, in the various groups, and would love to find a new career, back in the ski industry, as I am approaching, a semi retired life in my mid 50 something life. (Ski tester? @philbug). I, have worked in shops, as a tech, boot-fitter, sales person and at Squaw for 5 seasons teaching, and operating the Granite Chief chair almost exclusively. I Ski’d a season in Cham and Verbier. Been skiing since I was able to walk.
I’m a huge Volkl fan! Just like Tom Cruise said, in risky business; ”Volkl There Is No Substitute!” at least that’s how I remember it.

Not sure, how this all works, kind of doing the trial, and probably, mostly error approach, in navigating the group/site/forum/page‍.

⛷️ski ya later I hope ⛷️
❄️❄️❄️❄️

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome! I see you found the Gathering thread... you might also be interested in the seasonal Northeast and/or Tahoe threads...

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome aboard!

TS
TahoeJoe

TahoeJoe

Getting on the lift
Skier
Well, your dedication and passion for skiing is admirable, as is your misplaced loyalty to Volkl, but we won’t hold that against you. ;)
Misplaced
Nothing is more intuitive and awesome

just a quiver of
Katana Vwerks
Mantra Vwerks
Mantra 102
Kendo 88
12/13 mantra the best one they ever made

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Misplaced
Nothing is more intuitive and awesome

just a quiver of
Katana Vwerks
Mantra Vwerks
Mantra 102
Kendo 88
12/13 mantra the best one they ever made

Best get something skinnier for the NE.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Welcome. Like @KingGrump said, 88 is on the wide side and for a daily driver you’d want something low 80’s at most as “ packed powder” is a good day in the N.E.. You’ll have more fun and your knees will thank you.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome. What areas do you plan on skiing at?

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hence the kendo,88
If your a Volkl man, the Deacons get a lot of love for a narrower frontside ski in NE. I'm not, so someone else would have to clue you in to the best ski. I ski at Killington mostly as do a many of us here in the NE and there is a separate thread as a companion to the NE thread. Let us know if you are dropping by.

TS
TahoeJoe

TahoeJoe

Getting on the lift
Skier
If your a Volkl man, the Deacons get a lot of love for a narrower frontside ski in NE. I'm not, so someone else would have to clue you in to the best ski. I ski at Killington mostly as do a many of us here in the NE and there is a separate thread as a companion to the NE thread. Let us know if you are dropping by.

Will definitely make an announcemen/warning as to when we will be by. We have ikon passes that came with our l
Loon/SR/Loaf passes, and good friends in killington.

Sponsor

Staff online