• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steamboat Tickets or Pass?

BombayCL

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
We are a family of four from suburban Chicago (two children will be 15 and 13 next ski season) that have been going to Copper Mountain the last two years using Coppers 4 pack as an economical way of getting out West. We typically go out on January 1 and ski for 4 days over winter break. This coming year we would like to go to Steamboat. I doesn't appear to me that Steamboat has such a 4-pack deal. Looking at the single day ticket prices on their website, it would appear to me that you would be better off (or very close) by buying the Ikon base pass instead? The Ikon base pass would work best for me as I will also be out in March of 2020 and could ski Copper or WP for a couple of days. Am I missing something or is the Ikon base pass the way to go for a 4-5 ski day Steamboat vacation?

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
This past season there were three day pass deals (around $225 if I remember correctly). I don;t think they were announced generally, but you might get notified if you sign up for email notifications. There have not been 4-packs or other deals of which I am aware.

If those don't work an IKON might be the best option. Single days are insane here.

Hope you make it here and if you need anything feel free to ask me or @Ron.

Bruce

Sponsor

Staff online