• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Steamboat Information Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I am happy to answer any questions or help with anything related to Steamboat. If I am skiing, I will be happy to take anyone on "unofficial" mountain tours. I am not an employee of Steamboat resorts and not a ski instructor, all skiing is at your risk.

I will be posting up a resort guide shortly with all kinds of reviews and information covering where to ski, where to eat, sleep, all kinds of activities and much more.

Jake M

AKA Gunnerbob
Skier
If possible, any chance on including potential info/links to events and such for Steamboat? There seems to be lots going on during the season, especially in town, and I think people would love to know when things are happening. I understand some of the festival events are amazing!

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
@Blue Streak you just missed a great promo on tickets but I will post up when/if they release anything. Typically, there aren't any deals once the snow flies which is exactly what happened.

@Jake M - first off, GREAT TO SEE YOU HERE, second, your room downstairs is ready for you so just let me know when you are coming.... 3rd, I will certainly list up reminders and I will link in the chamber of commerce and mtn schedule.

The Winter Carnival is an awesome spectacle http://www.steamboatchamber.com/sig...eamboatwintercarnival.com&utm_medium=referral

Jake M

AKA Gunnerbob
Skier
You keep tempting me like that.......and..........I may have to sell a pair of skis to fund a plane ticket back to Colorado! :(

Reactions: Ron

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I expect to be visiting Steamboat for the first time on or about Feb. 20 and likely staying in my truck camper in the KOA campground, so Ron, I might take you up on the guided tour offer.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I expect to be visiting Steamboat for the first time on or about Feb. 20 and likely staying in my truck camper in the KOA campground, so Ron, I might take you up on the guided tour offer.

My pleasure! Just pm me.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
OK Ron, I renewed my RMSP+, so I will be there some time this year.

Last edited:

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Blue Streak.
We might have met at the Mother's Day last year. Were you there?
It was the only time I met up with the group.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was wondering the same thing. I only made it to Friday of the MD events last year. Look forward to meeting you tomorrow.

In other news, my mom went under contract on a place in Steamboat tonight. .2 mile walk to the slopes or 2 bus stops to the Gondola. Looking forward to some champagne powder in the aspens this year!

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, Ron. Any ideas on ticket deals?

Steamboat is pretty limited on deals. I know of discount via Steamboat Central (from Steamboats homepage) if you rent a condo or "Sitzmark" out of KC (Olathe I believe) may have some discounted tickets.

Other option may be some rentals on VRBO offer discounted lifts ....

There's the 4 x 40 too, but it's value is in using the 2 lifts at Winter Park

Also, depending where your at, REI had some Steamboat specials at their local store. It may be possible to plan a visit and if lucky, you can use the URL to pick up some at $209 for 3 days, blacked out for Christmas to Jan 10th.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was wondering the same thing. I only made it to Friday of the MD events last year. Look forward to meeting you tomorrow.

In other news, my mom went under contract on a place in Steamboat tonight. .2 mile walk to the slopes or 2 bus stops to the Gondola. Looking forward to some champagne powder in the aspens this year!

ohhh, Steamboat hangout .. I want to be your friend!!!! oh wait, heck with you :p, more your mom's friend!!!!

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I just renewed my RMSP+, so I will get all the skiing I need at Steamboat this year. That's still the best deal going.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
ohhh, Steamboat hangout .. I want to be your friend!!!! oh wait, heck with you :p, more your mom's friend!!!!

Ha! Can't say that I blame you there. She no longer skis due to rheumatoid arthritis but she (and her husband) always have a nicely stocked liquor cabinet. Oh, and the condo.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ha! Can't say that I blame you there. She no longer skis due to rheumatoid arthritis but she (and her husband) always have a nicely stocked liquor cabinet. Oh, and the condo.

heck! That's about perfect! Liquor and a Condo ... I can be friendly and even cook some decent food!

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
On side note of Steamboat ... given folks here have interest. I ran across their master development plan, fun reading but crux is copied below .. link too.

Interesting they note the capacity of 19K skiers on peak days ...

http://ww1.steamboat.com/web/masterplan/iv_final_mdpa_2011_master_plan_proposals_sept_2011.pdf

ski trails will be developed in the Sunshine II area; new skiways, gladed
areas and trails will be developed in the Pioneer Ridge area; trails will be expanded
and realigned in the Bashor Bowl area; and several skiways and other trails will be
widened and regraded to increase comfort, mitigate ‘problem areas’ and ease skier
flow.

In-ground snowmaking infrastructure currently services approximately 273
acres of terrain. Steamboat also stretches flexible hoses to areas unserved by pipeline
and hydrants covering another 22 acres, for a total of 295 acres. This plan proposes
to supply snowmaking coverage to a total of about 404 acres of ski trails. The 2004
MDPA had proposed a total of 90 acres of new snowmaking (including some of
which was proposed and/or approved in previous plans); however, only about 11
acres of that snowmaking have been installed.

Food services and other skier services will expand to better serve both the
existing business levels and anticipated increases in business. The Rendezvous
Lodge, which is currently undersized, will be expanded. Thunderhead Lodge will see
minor changes, including the installation of new elevator and an expansion of the
skier service areas on level one. New restaurants are proposed for the Bashor Bowl
and Sunshine Bowl areas. In the design of these new facilities, as well as the
expansion of Four Points Hut, the resort will utilize a more European dining strategy,
providing several, smaller F&B outlets with a mix of quick service and fine dining
options.

One patrol hut will be installed at the top of the new Sunshine II lift. More
summer and winter recreation opportunities are proposed to offer a more complete
year round resort experience at Steamboat.

It is envisioned that these projects will take place in several grouped phases of
construction over the next ten years. The projects proposed for the Steamboat ski
area are graphically illustrated in Figure 20, the Master Development Plan 2011.
While these projects have been conceptually designed and have received rigorous
scrutiny in terms of siting and general attributes, detailed construction level design
and on-site adjustments will need to be prepared before implementation. As
mentioned earlier, all projects are subject to the appropriate USFS approval processes
before implementation is possible.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Tickets: simple answer is there are no deals other than what the mtn offers. If you watch the site, there may be periodic offerings. The best deals are usually in the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor