• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steamboat Gravel Race this weekend. 8/18/19

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
https://sbtgrvl.com

a new classic gravel race launches its inaugural race this weekend. Backed by major sponsors like Canyon, Panaracer, Orange sealant, Mavic and the top gravel races in the country including Ted King., Steamboat Gravel is serious about joining the ranks of the DK200 and other classic races.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Very cool! I looked at the website but unfortunately there was not a "recovering from multiple surgeries" division for you. Guess you will just have to watchogsmile

Reactions: Ron
TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Very cool! I looked at the website but unfortunately there was not a "recovering from multiple surgeries" division for you. Guess you will just have to watchogsmile

Yeah, and the top riders are just lucky I'm side-lined. I could have easily won this :).

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like a great route.

Not sure you can have a "new" classic race, though. ;)

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like a great route.

Not sure you can have a "new" classic race, though. ;)

Ted better count his blessings that you're on injured reserve!

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The husband of my former chiropractor is one of the main organizers for this race. Actually, I got to se her running the Stinger marathon last weekend as a training run for Run Rabbit Run.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Steamboat Gravel (STB GRVL) results. Ted king wins, (no surprise :). 21.43mph average speed over 141 miles with 9K feet of climbing... my friend and co-director of the Tour De Steamboat Katie Lindquist, won the women's 50-59 class. weather was fantastic even though there were red flag winds in the afternoon, those coming in at the right time of the day were helped along with 15-25mph tailwinds. I am hopeful to be able to do the 100 mile course next year.

https://www.athlinks.com/event/300676/results/Event/822806/Course/1448393/Results

here are the courses.https://sbtgrvl.com/the-race/

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
See(adopted) Vermonters are just faster ogwink

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I was thinking Ted would win. Its was a great finish. over that kind of course, the top 4 riders within .25mph. That's why CDA and CRR matter in racing.

upload_2019-8-19_13-54-37.png

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
on a course this fast, CDA and CRR will definitely play a part. Even at the Dk, you now see aero bars and deep wheels. Newer studies show that deep wheels (45+) will help air re-attach even when paired with tires with fairly wide overhangs.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
are aero bars allowed in mass start Gravel races?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
they are pretty dangerous in situation when people are riding next to each other....

They are never allowed in mass start race for MTB, cross or road.

Sponsor

Staff online