• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
That's exciting! What will the future terrain at Pioneer 2 look like? I'm curious to know how many people will end up skiing that terrain, because judging from the few days that I spent at Steamboat last season, the Pony Express pod felt underutilized compared to Morningside and Sunshine.

Also, am I remembering correctly that there are or were plans for expanding the terrain around the Sunshine lift?

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
steamboat-proposed-upgrade-jpg.53750

this from other thread, various comments there too:

https://www.pugski.com/threads/steamboat-pioneer-ridge-expansion.11587/#post-266297

Reactions: Ron

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
This is all part of Alterra’s commitment to investing over $550 million across its resorts.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
rotate the map clockwise 90* for a better perspective of the mountain but its would be nice! again , there's no time frame and no listing of a priority as to which upgrades occur in what order.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm not from around there. Do you think most regulars would prefer that they left Pioneer Canyon alone? How difficult is it currently for a visitor to access the glades and get back to a trail?

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I'm not from around there. Do you think most regulars would prefer that they left Pioneer Canyon alone? How difficult is it currently for a visitor to access the glades and get back to a trail?

Mixed feeling really. Its not hard to find the access but it is difficult to find the 'out" . this has resulted in many rescue scenarios. it takes a very long time to get out. I think its needed and will be a good thing. I doubt it will be made a priority though.

Sponsor

Staff online