• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Spring Breakers

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
OMG.

Copper was not particularly crowded today, the waits were 5 minutes or less at Flyer even. But every time I had to use any groomed run I felt I was taking my life in my hands. Unguided missiles locked in a rigid backseat semi wedge flying down the hill completely out of control. I saw two major collisions and I was dodging people right and left. I forget every year how many really bad skiers show up for spring break:eek:gcool

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
I'm sure some were from out here - it's break and I was told the airport was hella crazy yesterday and today. My usual "curb to club" egress is maybe 5 minutes. Colleagues said it was 45 minutes in pre-check line yesterday and missed flights. But you skied and I rode a bike in rain today. So, you win! :)

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Bike.jpg

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
OMG.

Copper was not particularly crowded today, the waits were 5 minutes or less at Flyer even. But every time I had to use any groomed run I felt I was taking my life in my hands. Unguided missiles locked in a rigid backseat semi wedge flying down the hill completely out of control. I saw two major collisions and I was dodging people right and left. I forget every year how many really bad skiers show up for spring break:eek:gcool
Then there is the "where put my skis when there is no room on the rack" :huh:Watching the carnage from the lift, or from a safe distance with an adult beverage, can be very entertaining. It amazes me how many people getting off the lift just step right out of their bindings and BOOM!
IMG_20160316_161624310.jpg

TS
UGASkiDawg

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
some dude tried to.step over the t bar to put it between his legs and then held and got dragged 20 yards while the liftie tried to stop the lift all while yelling let go, let go

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I quit right after lunch a couple of Sundays ago, after riding up Super Bee watching people straightline that bottom part on their heels. Scared the crap out of me.

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Then there is the "where put my skis when there is no room on the rack" :huh:Watching the carnage from the lift, or from a safe distance with an adult beverage, can be very entertaining. It amazes me how many people getting off the lift just step right out of their bindings and BOOM! View attachment 5668

It's just an XScream and some supershorts, no one really needs to get fussed. *skisnobnosebleed*

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
OMG.

I felt much the same way at Northstar yesterday. No lift lines to speak of, but pockets of insanely erratic skiers that made me fear for my life.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I kinda like to predict carnage from the lift. You can see it coming every "turn" leads to more backseat and then BOOM, gear spread across the hill.
You could make money on your predictions. :beercheer:

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
saw a total yardsale today then the dude, attempted to carry ski's and walk down headwall, that didnt go so well, I really felt bad for the dude. I was on the lift at the time. Then at the bottom of a very busy run that has fences directing flow a woman fell and laid just below the headwall and in the middle of the gap in the traffic fence which is completely out of the line of sight to other skiers. I was trying to waive to others who couldn't see her. It was truly scary..... I really thought she was going to get seriously hurt.

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
The husband said that a guy on the lift told him all about 'how he got knocked over by someone while he was on the green dot'. It took me a while to figure out what the heck a green dot was.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ah yes. Spring break. Easy to tell from the 30 y/o straight skis on the hill. I often feel like telling some of these people to come to my ski bone yard!

Sponsor

Staff online