• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic Snowridge NY -- GoFundMe Help from a Devistating Storm

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

1691714475694.png
From their Facebook Page...

So many of you in the community have been reaching out with kind words of support, eagerness to get to work, and looking to contribute in any way you can. We cannot begin to express our gratitude for all of you. This has been a difficult week for our family but we finally received some answers and can begin the process of rebuilding. Our main priority is getting all of our lifts operational for the upcoming winter season and taking care of the hundreds of trees that need to be removed from the property in order to do so. If you are able to, we are asking for donations to be made to the Ridge to fund this giant task, as tree removal is not covered by our insurance. We are also hoping to replace our warming hut at the bottom of Little Mtn, as it got destroyed in the tornado as well. We appreciate any amount you can contribute and look forward to coming back stronger than ever for another great winter season! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

From their GoFundMe Page...

Hi, we are the Snow Ridge family, a small family ski resort located in Turin, NY. We are reaching out to our wonderful community and those who love the Ridge, near and far, to help us restore our mountain to its former glory. We unfortunately do not have funding for our tree removal or warming hut at Little Mtn and this added support would greatly help us to clean up the mess left by the devastating tornado on August 7th. If you can donate to our mountain, we would be so grateful, as every bit will help us! Thank you so much for your continued support as we try to rebuild our home and our mountain. It is our hope and our goal to see you all this winter.
Much love from our family to yours

GFM link: https://gofund.me/b8d77481

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
OMG - I hadn't heard about this. This place was our "weekend trip" skiing. Many Easter weekends there as I was growing up. Our local ski shop used to call every Friday morning to get the snow report and post it at the shop.

I can only hope that they can recover!! Mother Nature has not been kind this year to the North East.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Its places like this that help feed and grow skiing as a sport. This is important!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
OMG - I hadn't heard about this. This place was our "weekend trip" skiing. Many Easter weekends there as I was growing up. Our local ski shop used to call every Friday morning to get the snow report and post it at the shop.

I can only hope that they can recover!! Mother Nature has not been kind this year to the North East.

And time is ticking by fast ... all this needs to be done before the first lake effect snows.

Sponsor

Staff online