• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snowboarder confronted with shotgun.....

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
The snowboarder was much too nonchalant about an encounter with a dude with a gun who pushed you. It dies not look like a shotgun to me. When you first see plaid man ig appears he is cocking a lever action gun and then there is a brief view where it looks lever action. A BB gun perhaps?

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
The snowboarder was much too nonchalant about an encounter with a dude with a gun who pushed you. It dies not look like a shotgun to me. When you first see plaid man ig appears he is cocking a lever action gun and then there is a brief view where it looks lever action. A BB gun perhaps?
"You'll put your eye out!" Yes looks like a Daisy Red Ryder.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)

dwoovre

Booting up
Skier
If it's not true, that guy will eventually pick the wrong victim and that will be the end of him. Maybe he has a death wish. You never know.

He sets down the gun during the encounter, proving:

1. He’s not serious about killing anyone

2. He’s a complete idiot for threatening someone with a weapon then giving that person free rein to acquire said weapon from him.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It's not the first incident like this.

My Snow.jpg

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
More likely he gets charged with assault, brandishing, or something else.

James

Out There
Instructor
Looks like it was a public road.
Still, he’s got touring boots on and is wearing a Snuggie.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Given current gun violence that happening, no matter how you see this, it is not a joke.

If its done to gain hits, well charge both of them for firearms violations (dumb asses provided self incriminating evidence), if its done for real, it should be investigated to say the least to ensure no laws where violated by either side to prevent any further escalations by future dumb asses (on either side).

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Does not look a shotgun, looks like a rifle, 30-30.. And it looks like he cocks it when he sees him coming. Does not look fake to me, but I would not be shocked if it was. So that plowed road (walk way) is private property? Looks public to me.

temp.JPG

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Does not look a shotgun, looks like a rifle, 30-30.. And it looks like he cocks it when he sees him coming. Does not look fake to me, but I would not be shocked if it was. So that plowed road (walk way) is private property? Looks public to me.

View attachment 227494
No doubt. I've 2 lever action rifles. 30/30 model 94 Winchester
375 mag Marlin

Reactions: Tex

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
the comments in the IG post are crazy

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

View attachment 227494
The reality is that most people who aren't around guns, or haven't hunted don't know the difference between a rifle or a shotgun.
I mean, a shotgun will load his butt wtih bbs

LuliTheYounger

I'm just here to bother my mom
Skier

Some of those areas around the base of Brighton / Solitude Nordic are a pretty weird maze of public roads, private roads, nordic trails, downhill trails and driveways. Have heard differing comments on where exactly this spot was, but I've seen totally well-meaning families from the nordic center end up in private property by accident.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
The reality is that most people who aren't around guns, or haven't hunted don't know the difference between a rifle or a shotgun.
I mean, a shotgun will load his butt wtih bbs
Whether you get killed by a 12-guage shotgun or a 30-30, you are equally dead. Pointing a deadly weapon at someone usually is a serious crime, and a big mistake. (unless you have a very good defense).

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Whether you get killed by a 12-guage shotgun or a 30-30, you are equally dead. Pointing a deadly weapon at someone usually is a serious crime, and a big mistake. (unless you have a very good defense).
I'm not questioning that.
I was only stating that the snowboarder said it was a shotgun. Someone asked about it being fake because it wasn't a shotgun, it was a rifle. Having grown up around a hunting family, I know the difference and I've exprienced people who aren't knowledgable that talk about one or the other out of reference.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
In many parts of the country, trespassing onto private property would normally be met with armed protection. I suspect this guy (landowner) is fed up with people encroaching onto his land, so decided to meet the violators while armed.

Signage would probably be a lower risk and more effective approach.

James

Out There
Instructor
He’s an ex-employee of Brighton and has been visited by cops 3 times before for confrontations like this. According to the mayor.

From the original video- He wears AT or touring boots to sit in a road to confront people, then drives away?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
^^^^ So he really was yelling "you kids stay off MY snow"^^^^^^^^^^^

Someone needs to call MC Hammer and tell him that dude stole his pants..

Sponsor